Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgrade chances with Aeroplan Reward Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade chances with Aeroplan Reward Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Allvest
Unless there are J surcharges into PVG or out of SIN, then no, it would not be correct what you are saying. It's much more likely that this $20 charge is an adjustment on fuel somewhere, and called "tax" by the agents.
What's not correct??
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
What's not correct??
I meant, it's probably NOT correct that the extra 20$ is related to the J surcharge for SIN or PVG airports, as in extra tax.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest
I meant, it's probably NOT correct that the extra 20$ is related to the J surcharge for SIN or PVG airports, as in extra tax.
That is exactly what it is, as the fee to use an agent to book is $30+GST per ticket per person one way or $90+GST if a change in itinerary is required per person. As you can see the $20, that OP was requested to pay for his changes, does not match the above fees.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
That is exactly what it is, as the fee to use an agent to book is $30+GST per ticket per person one way or $90+GST if a change in itinerary is required per person. As you can see the $20, that OP was requested to pay for his changes, does not match the above fees.
Oh...ok..... i give up.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Maybe my experience will help someone.
Booked Mrs. NY-FLA YVR-FLA with United miles. Got a YVR-YYZ-FLA routing that was one-way (thx United) saver at 25K miles (thx again, United), about 7 days out (3x thx., UA). YVR-YYZ was confirmed "J", YYZ-FLA confirmed middle seat in coach.
Called AC who fixed the seat assignment and said that since it was a business award, they may upgrade the passenger at the gate, as long as UA put a note in the PNR requesting consideration for upgrade. AC can not so note as they have no knowledge re: how award was given, and what UA award rules are. Since AC doesn't do unlimited upgrades to almost everyone, "J" space seems easier to come by.
UA put the note in the PNR, AC upgraded her for a nice all-J trip.
I guess here on the AC forum people are used to meal menus in "J" on North American trips, we're sure not! Mrs. NY-FLA gave the service on-board a thumbs up... schedule disruptions, cancelled flights, 3 day delayed luggage, well that's a different story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.