Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new rules, new frustrations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2001, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

new rules, new frustrations

Oh for the loss of same day standby privileges on L fares.
Finished up my work in Denver today and showed up at the airport a few hours early. No problem switching the DEN-YYZ ticket and using the upgrades for J. (As I am a cheap traveller, this is a rare treat for me).
But what about the next ticket, a 'side run' YYZ YOW ticket (I am coming back to Toronto next week and would use the last leg of the YOW-DEN ticket then). I booked it for the 11:55 pm. flight anticipating the later flight DEN-YYZ.
In the old days, same day standby, no problem.
Now . . . change fee plus upgrade to full fare.
So, I spend several hours in the MLL indulging in AC facilities. But I'd rather be home.

Old Nov 21, 2001, 5:37 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

If you are holding a seperate YYZ-YOW L ticket, can't you just call AC and change your flight for $50 CAD?

I thought they are only charging change fee to standby for an earlier flight, they want us to upgrade to full fare too???

Btw, did you upgrade from L on DEN-YYZ or was it a UA flight?
Old Nov 21, 2001, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Alas, this is the first leg of a separate ticket. So full fare upgrade required. (The strategy, of course, allows me to get home without a Saturday stayover. I am not 'angry' at AC as they have a right to be strict about the rules in this case.)

Ironically, the next leg back is an H, so changes to this part would be easy.

AC runs the fights YYZ DEN. Very distinctive difference in service between Y and J, though I found both quite satisfactory. I purchased a V ticket (about $200 more) for the DEN YYZ segment, so upgrades were well within the rules. However, my seatmate was upgraded on a Q ticket, so it looks like the United gate agents at DEN had some flexibility in interpreting the AC rules.)

[This message has been edited by marbuck (edited 11-21-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.