Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Mileage Accrual: Web Checkin vs Airport Checkin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG

I frequently use LH and LX and credit to my Aeroplan account. After two recent trips (one on LH and one on LX) I used web checkin and printed my boarding passes on the return flights. In both cases the outbound flights (checked in at airport) were credited but the return flights (web checkin with printed BPs) were not credited. In both cases it is Paid J and eligible for miles on Aeroplan. In both cases my printed boarding passes said AC*G on them.

So I was wondering if anyone else has found that using web checkin causes issues with accrual on any *A partner airlines? The reason why I use it is that I am returning from Moscow and the lines can be horrible to get a boarding pass so I always just print the BPs ahead of time.

Cheers.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
As long as your Aeroplan number is properly connected to the ticket, it shouldn't matter. I always web check-in. Granted, the only *A partner airline I have used thus far is UA but aside from an ORD-YQR segment (which I am still working on) I have gotten miles for all segments.

I got miles for two Continental segments last year (on a UA ticket), if it helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.