Wiki Posts
Search

YVR check-in changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
YVR check-in changes

Effective June 15, 2012 priority check-in for eligible customers travelling from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) on flights departing to a Canadian or international destination will take place in the domestic check-in area.
http://aircanada.com/en/news/trav_adv/120613.html

I take it this means the Y check-in remains as is?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Yeah, I saw that too but have yet to experience this.

Great, an even longer distance to Intl security!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:14 pm

Hmmm, I think that might mean that anyone who is Star Alliance Gold has to do the long trek, too, like Elites and Super Elites, no matter which part of the plane they are ticketed for. I thought the check in area was plenty big to fit everyone, it seems strange.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr76
http://aircanada.com/en/news/trav_adv/120613.html

I take it this means the Y check-in remains as is?
Great,may finally see a concierge at domestic side check-in
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
You guys are not seeing the total enhancement of the new program. With the success of the bio-fuel trial, to be lighter and more green, Air Canada is helping you get fit and lose weight, get healthier with the extra walk, as this will allow you to unwind and relax as you begin your journey more fit!

Its all in how you spin it.How can you tell I live in Ottawa
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was at YVR domestic this morning. Had done OLCI, but walked by just to check it out.

At International check-in - there is clear signage that transborder is to the right and priority check-in is to the left. The walk itself is not that far, although they haven't necessarily expanded the priority check-in area in domestic. It's still the one aisle for E/*Gold/Amex Aeroplat and then the separate line for SE.

Anyone know where the Concierge office is in YVR? I know they're not clearly marked, but I would assume they would be close to the priority check-in area.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
You guys are not seeing the total enhancement of the new program. With the success of the bio-fuel trial, to be lighter and more green, Air Canada is helping you get fit and lose weight, get healthier with the extra walk, as this will allow you to unwind and relax as you begin your journey more fit!

Its all in how you spin it.How can you tell I live in Ottawa
Will they reduce YQ to compensate for passenger weight loss?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:21 am

Programs: AC*SE, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by yvr76
Anyone know where the Concierge office is in YVR? I know they're not clearly marked, but I would assume they would be close to the priority check-in area.
I'm curious about this too. Every time I've needed to see a Concierge, they've just arranged to meet up somewhere convenient for me (MLL, baggage claim, etc). Most often I see them in the int'l MLL.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:23 am

Is the concierge not by the totem pole, basically where the divide between the domestic "wing" and international "wing" lies? At the base of the stairs for the SkyTrain walkway?

Or perhaps that is just the regular customer service, as a peon I do not have access to fancy schmancy concierges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.