Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be afraid--be very afraid!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Be afraid--be very afraid!!

Just as things were settling down with the enhancements and the changes to the top tier levels I get this news and I am scared-- enhancements I can live with but this:

"Over the next few months, we will be unveiling the names of the new tiers and we will continue to introduce improvements to the program, as some new and exciting benefits are currently in the works."

This is a quote from my SE newsletter and since this appears to be a level above "enhancements" I shudder to think where we are going to end up in 2013!!! Can I handle the excitements coming up??? So many questions and so few answers. What am I to do!!!!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by ac777
Just as things were settling down with the enhancements and the changes to the top tier levels I get this news and I am scared-- enhancements I can live with but this:

"Over the next few months, we will be unveiling the names of the new tiers and we will continue to introduce improvements to the program, as some new and exciting benefits are currently in the works."

This is a quote from my SE newsletter and since this appears to be a level above "enhancements" I shudder to think where we are going to end up in 2013!!! Can I handle the excitements coming up??? So many questions and so few answers. What am I to do!!!!
Got the same newsletter as you! What is the problem? All is ok as far as I see ^
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
Not a problem after they announced next years "enhancements " I decided that I wont even try for prestige.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: 100K
It sure is exciting...I can't wait to see the way AC will spin and wordsmith the new levels. It's tough work trying to devalue a program without sounding like you are.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:52 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Over promising and underwhelming.

This seems to be a story to fill a newsletter when they don't have a story to write this month.

This is the exact same news that was launched back in December.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
On the bright side, the newsletter has a 10% code for LHR, CDG flights in T+!
(I wonder if they just increased the fare for this route yesterday).
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mendy7511
On the bright side, the newsletter has a 10% code for LHR, CDG flights in T+!
(I wonder if they just increased the fare for this route yesterday).
Haha funny you say that. I've been checking fares from YVR-LHR from some dates I want to go in July. Two days ago fares were 417$ base fare both ways. Now, after this promo became available, fares are all 470$ each way. Close to the exact same fares with the 10% discount...
Old Jun 15, 2012, 1:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Polar Man
Not a problem after they announced next years "enhancements " I decided that I wont even try for prestige.
Same here. I fell from SE to E and won't make P next year.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by tyberius
Right now my status miles sits at 0.......... and I am proud of it
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tyberius
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Right now my status miles sits at 0.......... and I am proud of it
And the enhancements and improvements keep on coming ...
Old Jun 15, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

Maybe, just maybe as Aeroplan has hired a bunch of new people, they may bring out some real ehancements, some great improvements, benefits like no other.......^^^...........we may be surprised OR, I just took way too many pain killers and life just looks so nice
Old Jun 15, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by RCyyz
+1

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Maybe, just maybe as Aeroplan has hired a bunch of new people, they may bring out some real ehancements, some great improvements, benefits like no other.......^^^...........we may be surprised OR, I just took way too many pain killers and life just looks so nice
keep dreaming, but with your SE status next year you should be good
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by RCyyz
i shall give you the bragging rights in 2013 DOs
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Dreams and painkillers both give you a very pleasant, optimistic feeling---as long as reality does not interfere with it. Let's see what happens when you wake up.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:09 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Dreams and painkillers both give you a very pleasant, optimistic feeling---as long as reality does not interfere with it. Let's see what happens when you wake up.
I deny your reality and substitute my own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.