Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam and Istanbul: Limited-time offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP - 1K

Thought I'd share this, as it is only valid until tomorrow - June 14th - and not everybody might be checking ac.com daily......

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...YYZ-INT-YYZIST

Eligible dates for this promotion*:
Advance purchase: purchase at least 7 days prior to your departure date
Departure dates:

between Tue 16-Oct, 2012 and Fri 14-Dec, 2012 or
between Tue 25-Dec, 2012 and Mon 6-May, 2013Length of stay: min. one Sunday and max. 3 months
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
AC matching KLM's promotion nice!!! in T+ TOO!!!!!! managed to get 5cpm.

Will probably book several of these tonight.

Also with an early flight from IST-MUC or FRA(8:00am arrival) and the next leg leaving the morning after back to Canada, you get a free day in muc or fra.

Last edited by SKYEG; Jun 13, 2012 at 4:13 pm
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:49 pm

Wow... excellent price! The only question is what class this books into on LH, and whether you will get any points for FRA-IST or MUC-IST!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by okazon69
Wow... excellent price! The only question is what class this books into on LH, and whether you will get any points for FRA-IST or MUC-IST!
AC.com will tell you the award earning rates for LH codeshares - there's a link on the booking page, after you've selected your flights.

From the test I did, it's in a fare that gives no miles.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
AC.com will tell you the award earning rates for LH codeshares - there's a link on the booking page, after you've selected your flights.

Its a K fare, there will be no miles on the LH portion.

Same fare is available on UA via EWR (less taxes too than a European connection) - and at least you know you ll earn 100% on all flights
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisA330

No miles for FRA-IST or MUC-IST (books into K class for flights I got), see here

http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...ileage_lh.html
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Same fare is available on UA via EWR (less taxes too than a European connection) - and at least you know you ll earn 100% on all flights
True, got YYZ-EWR-IST for US$ 686ai for approx. 11058 status miles (acc. to milecalc.com) equaling 6.2 cpm
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by tnkngn
No miles for FRA-IST or MUC-IST (books into K class for flights I got), see here

http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...ileage_lh.html
That is a very useful link, thanks! Saves the trouble of looking up the equivalent fares on EF and then aeroplan.com. So if indeed there is no mileage accumulation on the European segments, that makes the whole deal rather less interesting.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by okazon69
That is a very useful link, thanks! Saves the trouble of looking up the equivalent fares on EF and then aeroplan.com. So if indeed there is no mileage accumulation on the European segments, that makes the whole deal rather less interesting.
Yes, this makes the UA fare a rather good deal......
I think it is still a fairly good fare ex-NA for AC, fares NA-Europe are hardly available below 1k lately.
For a weekend city trip to IST it's a nice deal I think!

EDIT: You can get the same fare ex-YVR to IST as well!
That's a good deal ex-YVR, however, again no miles for LH-operated FRA-IST or MUC-IST sectors.

Last edited by tnkngn; Jun 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm Reason: Update
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:48 pm
Used to be '076753k'

Programs: AirCanada*G
Arghhh the deal doesn't originate from YHZ! I was planning on booking a flight to that part of the world in december.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:41 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
It's quite a deal. Nice to see some price matching for once.

Note there is a $60 visa fee (on arrival) at IST for Canadians.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I booked YYZ-AMS a week ago on United (via ORD there, IAD on the way home) for just $80 more, and it gives me 100 percent miles on every leg. Wife will join me in AMS on a redemption ticket, which worked out to $140 all-in on United, versus $540 on AC/LH metal.

The identical United itinerary is now even less, and $40 below AC's deal. Bummer - I should have waited a week!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Originally Posted by Symmetre
I booked YYZ-AMS a week ago on United (via ORD there, IAD on the way home) for just $80 more, and it gives me 100 percent miles on every leg. Wife will join me in AMS on a redemption ticket, which worked out to $140 all-in on United, versus $540 on AC/LH metal.

The identical United itinerary is now even less, and $40 below AC's deal. Bummer - I should have waited a week!
Booked on AC and then found that Delta and U/AS matched and were between 125.00 and 200.00 less. Got delta for 524.00 all in from JFK and free economy comfort via AMS both ways.

Booked myself and Mrs. JPCAG for Feb on AC anyways so that I can try and upgrade both of us to J. Also get one day in Frankfurt so that is a perk.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
I just booked two tickets Calgary - Frankfurt - Istanbul return for $172 base fare plus $582. in taxes fuel etc each ... LH flights don't earn anything but at that cost who cares. While looking at the fares i saw deals for Peru and I also booked YYC- YYZ -Lima return for $439 return base fare plus $449 tax fuel etc each.
All fares are T+ so I have the "new elite at 50,000" covered.
Its going to be a busy November.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by folkart
I just booked two tickets Calgary - Frankfurt - Istanbul return for $172 base fare plus $582. in taxes fuel etc each ... LH flights don't earn anything but at that cost who cares. While looking at the fares i saw deals for Peru and I also booked YYC- YYZ -Lima return for $439 return base fare plus $449 tax fuel etc each.
All fares are T+ so I have the "new elite at 50,000" covered.
Its going to be a busy November.

so you spent over $1600 to get ~20000 miles

Enjoy your trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.