Wiki Posts
Search

Mastercard and Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
Mastercard and Aeroplan

Well, I have my Visa and my AMEX Gold Business. I've neve had a Mastercard. There is a promotion right now -- CIBC Adventura, 15,000 welcome points and 50% off first year fee. Would this be the best Mastercard promotion available that collects points that can be converted to Aeroplan?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by taylor
Well, I have my Visa and my AMEX Gold Business. I've neve had a Mastercard. There is a promotion right now -- CIBC Adventura, 15,000 welcome points and 50% off first year fee. Would this be the best Mastercard promotion available that collects points that can be converted to Aeroplan?

Careful, transfers only in 10,000 mile chunks. So you would need to spend at least $5000 to get to the next transfer level.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Careful, transfers only in 10,000 mile chunks. So you would need to spend at least $5000 to get to the next transfer level.
You get 1000 Aventura points for setting up an online profile at cibcaventura.com, and remember you get 1.5x points for groceries, so it's not quite $5000. I think a basically 16K signup bonus for the half-price of $60 is quite good.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
Originally Posted by rankourabu
wow, thanks for that. I'll have to think this one over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.