Community
Wiki Posts
Search

same day option

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:46 am
Original Poster

same day option

My partner & I were scheduled to travel YUL-YTZ at 1130am today. But due to a medical emergency, we cancel our flight check-in. My partner is expected to be released from the hospital some time later today. Can we just head to the airport & be accommodated on the next available flight? What's the option in terms of re-booking?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Technically on T+ you can stand by for an earlier flight but not later. You might be able to go to the airport and talk your way into them letting you on.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
I would just explain the situation and they'll likely switch you. It's not like the loads are heavy on those routes...

Worst case scenario, you could lobby for a $75 same day change--but this shouldn't be necessary I wouldn't think. I've been switched after having just missed a flight for little/no reason and haven't been charged.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Fit to Fly?

Originally Posted by canadianidol
My partner & I were scheduled to travel YUL-YTZ at 1130am today. But due to a medical emergency, we cancel our flight check-in. My partner is expected to be released from the hospital some time later today. Can we just head to the airport & be accommodated on the next available flight? What's the option in terms of re-booking?

I would say you better call ahead as you may need to provide supporting documents for your partner to be cleared to fly. You do not want to go all the way to the airport for nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.