Search

Thank you AC :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you AC :)

I was scheduled to fly

YWG-YYZ-YUL-YOW on Sunday morning

They canceled the YYZ-YUL segment and simply rebooked me on YWG-YOW direct. A quick call to the SE line and I got a YWG-YYZ-YOW flight the day before free!

I could not justify the change fee and fare difference before, so a small schedule change worked out for me.

Sometimes canceled flights are awesome
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:47 am
alc

I can't agree more. Once I was sitting at the US MLL lounge for my flight. Once it delay over 2hr, I call AC right right away to changed my flight to route differently so I know I will get to where I want for sure. But at the same time, I was able to change my return flight to a better time as well - the one that I want all long that required $200 more. So the waived change fee seems to apply the entire ticket and not just the flight(s) that are being affected by the cancel or delay.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Sometimes it helps the airline out too.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nice to see a thank you AC post as opposed to all the rants about AC we see on this forum.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by alc
So the waived change fee seems to apply the entire ticket and not just the flight(s) that are being affected by the cancel or delay.
- I don't think I've ever booked a return ticket within N.A. Always two one-way tickets... would this prevent me from getting my return ticket extended as necessary in this sort of situation?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: 50K
Let me add another thank you but this time to AC Express. Yesterday my 12:30 flight between YYJ and YVR went mechanical and I was rebooked on the 1PM. I had a tight connection to YKA but AC Express held the connecting flight for the extra five minutes I needed. At YVR I was met by a GA on the tarmac who, with me, identified my checked bag and saw that it was moved to the connecting flight.

No complaints about this kind of service!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.