Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club

It worked for my UA award trip w AC segments when I tried a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't change seats when I tried again yesterday.

-dan
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: AC SE
I got this to work a while ago for some bookings done via a travel agent, but have tried twice in the past week to use the tool to change it for an Expedia booking, but it won't work for the booking made through Expedia.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Tried using this tool to change seats on a UA booked, YVR-NRT, for next month. I can see the various icons for changing seat, booking, etc, but none of them are active. Looks like a seat was assigned, but I'm not going to wait 55+ minutes on the phone with AC to confirm that. Will try the Twitter account and see if that is faster..
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
I booked a family member using USDM award flight (YQ scam charges are 75% less!!!) but I had to call AC to get a seat assigned. App and online did not work.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 2MM, Lifetime Marriott Platnium Elite
Works for an Expedia booking that I made last week.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Had a codeshared flight on UA on AC metal, and although I could see my reserved seat, I couldn't change it online even after using the separate AC pnr.

In the end, I called and requested the specific seat.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:46 pm

Tried it on a Aeroplan reward booking for Dec 2014, didn't work (for TK or even AC's own flight), says "Seat Map not available. Airline/Flight number invalid. ( 2012 )"

It did show I got a seat (19A) already on the A320
not a big deal anyway
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Tried using this tool to change seats on a UA booked, YVR-NRT, for next month. I can see the various icons for changing seat, booking, etc, but none of them are active. Looks like a seat was assigned, but I'm not going to wait 55+ minutes on the phone with AC to confirm that. Will try the Twitter account and see if that is faster..
Is there already a ticket number associated with your booking?

I had the same issue when booking through our corporate TA on brand new bookings but as soon as the itinerary was ticketed the change seat option became active.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:12 am

http://www3.aeroplan.com/help/contact_us.do
1-800-361-5373
With hours 7am-midnight ET.

I tried the "hidden" manage my booking site, could not see the active icon to change seat.
Tried the regular number, no luck "higher than normal call volume message.."

So, ended up calling their Aeroplan number and the agent picked it up less than 1 min. Finally able to change our seats!!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
This worked a few months ago but now isn't for the same UA award reservation with AC flights, or for a new revenue itinerary booked at UA.com. I get the error:
The airfare information of this reservation is not available as the booking originates from another source than the Air Canada system.
Wasn't this page created specifically for flights booked outside of the AC system?!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
I have an AC segment (YYZ-FCO) booked in J (via UA) on an A330.
Need to change my seat assignment (two separate identical reservations..traveling with my wife).

Tried calling the AC number 888-247-2262 for the last several days.
It either rings busy (huh?) or I get "...1 hour and....wait."

Tried the Aeroplan 800 number above...hung up after 41 minutes of being on hold.

Good grief.

Last edited by Billiken; Apr 8, 2014 at 3:08 pm
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Billiken
I have an AC segment (YYZ-FCO) booked in J (via UA) on an A330.
Need to change my seat assignment (two separate identical reservations..traveling with my wife).

Tried calling the AC number 888-247-2262 for the last several days.
It either rings busy (huh?) or I get "...1 hours and....wait."

Good grief.
Just follow and send a direct message to @AirCanada on twitter. I find they respond within minutes and are able to assign seats.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
The "hidden" site is useless. It will show one's fare class, booking details, but when you try to select a seat, that can't be done. Not sure if it's a code-share issue, but the 2 times I have tried this was a UA-issued, AC segment of my trip (usually the final leg).
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:13 pm

Same thing with me.

Had several reservations booked by travel agent. Some UA code shares, other true AC flights.

Could update them a few weeks ago using this new page, but now links are inactive.

What's going on?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I'm about to book a flight on AC to YYZ from NY in July. I've heard that AC does not allow you to select a seat without paying extra money to choose your own seat. Is this true? If so, and you do not pay the extra fee, when do you get a seat assignment? I really don't care where I sit for such a short flight, but I must say to pay extra to choose a seat is just crazy in my humble opinion.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.