Search

YYZ-TLV no business class?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 4:52 am
Original Poster

YYZ-TLV no business class?

according to the "763" description:
http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...7-300erxm.html
there are only economy and first classes on board. I was hoping to buy eco. and upgrade to biz. Isn't there any option to do that?

Thanks
Old May 13, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kramerica
according to the "763" description:
http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...7-300erxm.html
there are only economy and first classes on board. I was hoping to buy eco. and upgrade to biz. Isn't there any option to do that?

Thanks
There is no such thing as first class on Air Canada. There is only business and economy. "Executive First" is in fact a business class seat.
Old May 13, 2012, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I really hoped that would be the answer...
Old May 13, 2012, 9:44 am

Thanks. I really hoped that would be the answer...
how do u plan on upgrading?
Old May 13, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
how do u plan on upgrading?
This is especially relevant for YYZ to TLV which is full of paid business class and SEs and has a 767 with a small business class cabin to start with.
Old May 13, 2012, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
This is especially relevant for YYZ to TLV which is full of paid business class and SEs and has a 767 with a small business class cabin to start with.
So, I shouldn't count on the ability to upgrade with miles? Even if the flight is four months from now?
Old May 13, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
So, I shouldn't count on the ability to upgrade with miles? Even if the flight is four months from now?
I wouldn't. To upgrade using miles (Star Alliance Upgrade Award), you need to purchase a Latitude ticket (Y or B booking classes), AND there has to be Award seat availability (I booking class) in business class.

Since you said 4 months from now, I checked in August and the discount business class fare (Z booking class) is LESS than the Latitude fare. (All in around $4300-4400)

The cheaper Tango Plus economy tickets are NOT upgradeable using miles.
Old May 13, 2012, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D582
The cheaper Tango Plus economy tickets are NOT upgradeable using miles.
Thanks, i didn't know that. I'm used to flying swiss and lh, and there you can upgrade from the cheap classes, it just cost more miles..

What about paying to upgrade from tango, is it possible?
Old May 13, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
In advance they would charge you fare difference + change fee.

At T-24, you might be offered a Last Minute Upgrade (LMU) at on-line check-in., subject to availability.

As for the price of that upgrade, I don't know the exact price, but would wager somewhere in the range of $700-900 each way.

Given that there is a lot of paid business class on this route, and that the 763 only has 23 seats in business (24 seats, but 1 would be reserved for crew rest), I wouldn't get your hopes up of a LMU being offered.
Old May 13, 2012, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D582
In advance they would charge you fare difference + change fee.

At T-24, you might be offered a Last Minute Upgrade (LMU) at on-line check-in., subject to availability.

As for the price of that upgrade, I don't know the exact price, but would wager somewhere in the range of $700-900 each way.

Given that there is a lot of paid business class on this route, and that the 763 only has 23 seats in business (24 seats, but 1 would be reserved for crew rest), I wouldn't get your hopes up of a LMU being offered.
Thanks a lot. I won't wait for a LMU, and would probably pay for an upgrade if I can't use miles...
Old May 13, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
If you're connecting to the TLV flight from elsewhere you might consider calling AC and asking the agent to build you a ticket consisting of XXX-YYZ in Y, YYZ-TLV-YYZ in J(Z) and then YYZ-XXX in Y again.
I've done that from YUL and it's saved me anywhere from $800 to $1100. Minus the $25 fee for booking with a call center agent.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Thanks a lot. I won't wait for a LMU, and would probably pay for an upgrade if I can't use miles...
If you are flying during peak season (before high holidays), you might want to buy discounted J as early as possible.
During off season I have had great luck upgrading my non status family members. During high season I would not wait until the discounted seats are all sold to purchase the upgrade.
Old May 13, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Thanks, i didn't know that. I'm used to flying swiss and lh, and there you can upgrade from the cheap classes, it just cost more miles..

Provided that the space is available. Traditionally this a very heavy full revenue J/C route. Four months in advance is not an accurate indicator. Many J/C bookings (regardless of destination) are last minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.