Search

Summer Travel Offer

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Summer Travel Offer

http://www1.aeroplan.com/SummerLeisureTravel.do

Looks like you can earn up to 2,250 by having Travel Partner Transactions posted May 7- Aug 31.

Can't find the T&C so don't really know the exact rules.

Looks like I already earned all of the bonus miles after I fly next week... an Easy 2,250.

Registering anytime before Aug 31 will qualify you.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:22 pm
7E7

Programs: AC*E75
Unfortunately out west it looks like it is only flights out of YYC count.....
Old May 11, 2012, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 7E7

Where did you find this information?
Old May 12, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by 7E7
I think you're confusing promos. The summer celebration bonus is the promo that is limited to Calgary Western flights.
Old May 12, 2012, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Here is the promo.

EARN BONUS MILES ON EVERY TRAVEL-RELATED TRANSACTION
Plan your summer vacation with Aeroplan Travel Partners and earn up to 2,250 bonus miles.

Register anytime before August 31, 2012, and we'll reward you for any eligible travel transactions made between May 7 and August 31, 2012.

Bonuses are awarded each time you earn miles with any travel partner*. Book up to five times with one partner, or book several transactions with many partners to receive your bonus miles:

Flights
Hotels
Car rentals
Parking
Vacation packages
Cruises

To earn your miles, remember to provide your Aeroplan Number when you make your reservation or check in. Better yet, for hotel and car rental partners select Aeroplan as your earning preference when you sign up for the partner's loyalty program or add your Aeroplan Number to your existing profile.
1st transaction, get a bonus of 150 miles
2nd transaction, get a bonus of 300 miles
3rd transaction, get a bonus of 450 miles
4th transaction, get a bonus of 600 miles
5th transaction, get a bonus of 750 miles

Total bonus miles = 2,250

Here are the T&Cs

*Members must register for the promotion in order to receive the bonus miles. A maximum of 2,250 bonus miles per member may be earned during the promotion period. Bonus miles will be credited for each of the five (5) possible transactions with Aeroplan Travel Partners to your account on the Sunday following transaction reception from the travel partner with whom you have made a transaction. Please note that some partners may take up to six (6) weeks to transfer the information to Aeroplan. Travel transaction activities such as flights, hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, cruise bookings and parking stays must be completed by August 31, 2012. Travel transaction activities made prior to registration but within the promotional period (May 7 to August 31, 2012) will be eligible if the member registers by August 31, 2012. A travel transaction activity refers to regular (base) miles that are earned for flights, hotel stays, car rentals, cruise bookings, vacation packages and parking transactions from the travel partner. The member is responsible for providing the travel partner with their Aeroplan Number at the time of booking or check-in, in accordance with the travel partner's terms and conditions for earning regular (base) miles. For full details on how to earn miles with each partner, please visit aeroplan.com. Redeeming with Aeroplan Travel Partners does not qualify as an eligible transaction activity. Receiving Aeroplan Miles by converting hotel points during the promotional period does not qualify as a travel accumulation activity. To earn the additional bonus miles from the individual featured partner offers, follow the instructions provided for each partner's offer.
Old May 12, 2012, 7:35 am
7E7

Programs: AC*E75
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
I think you're confusing promos. The summer celebration bonus is the promo that is limited to Calgary Western flights.
Yes, my bad.
Old May 27, 2012, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I just had the miles from the first 4 tiers post today.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:31 am

All 5 of my transactions ( total 2250) posted today
Old May 27, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by ac777
All 5 of my transactions ( total 2250) posted today
Same here. An extra 2250 on the pile !
Old May 28, 2012, 7:06 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The first 4 of mine were posted on Sunday - I'll reach my max on my next trans-Atlantic in three weeks.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Heads up...

Just a heads up to my fellow FTers, apparently there is glitch with this promotion.

I noticed earlier in the week that I have not received even one of the 5 bonus levels. I got around to calling today and the agent was clueless at first as to which promo this was but after explaining to him that it was on the Aeroplan home page, I seemed to make progress.

After 10 minutes on hold, he came back to say that both he and 2 supervisors can not explain why I have not received any tier of the bonus as I qualified weeks ago. They admitted that they see my original registration from weeks ago as well as my subsequent one this week (I panicked and thought I had somehow forgotten to do so). They have escalated it to the IT group for further investigation.

I'm no IT expert, but cmon, seriously? To my mind, this is one of the easiest promotions for Aeroplan to track, no? Has anyone else noticed this glitch with their accounts?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by PointWeasel

I'm no IT expert, but cmon, seriously? To my mind, this is one of the easiest promotions for Aeroplan to track, no? Has anyone else noticed this glitch with their accounts?
Mine posted on the first Sunday morning after the 5 segments posted after I had registered for the promo. No issues here.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
I haven't seen the glitch where things don't post, as three of mine have posted now and the next trip should finish it off. Signing up MrsBarn, though, reminded me of how crazy it is that this promo doesn't show up under the "promotions" tab under any kind of "aeroplan" promotion. Or under the "air canada" promotions, or featured promotions, or flights, or pretty much anywhere but the homepage. And yes, I realize that that's a pretty obvious location for something like that, but how hard is it to add to the promotions tab where some of us might be looking instead of waiting around the homepage for some news ticker to roll over to it.

Not a good use of SQL, aeroplan.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

I noticed also that each segment of my flights point as 1 bonus, so if you have a 4 segment round trip, you earn 4/5. no wonder it posted so fast
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: MPC -> QFF
Originally Posted by sktdh
I noticed also that each segment of my flights point as 1 bonus, so if you have a 4 segment round trip, you earn 4/5. no wonder it posted so fast
Agreed.

I did not remember signing up for this promo, so i was very pleasantly surprised to see all 5 tiers posted this Sunday for a mini round-the-US tour last week (7 segments on UA/AC). No hotels or car rentals needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.