Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: CANADA : Amex Points to British Airways with 50% Bonus any way to get to Aeroplan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: CANADA : Amex Points to British Airways with 50% Bonus any way to get to Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
CANADA : Amex Points to British Airways with 50% Bonus any way to get to Aeroplan?

Hello Everyone,

Amex has a 50% limited bonus on transfers to Avios (British Airways) for Canada.

https://catalogue.membershiprewards....&categoryName=

Transfer Points
1,000 Membership Rewards points is equal to 1,500 Avios for a limited time

Product Information
Delivery Information
Terms & Conditions
ENJOY 50% MORE AVIOS for a limited time1

1Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points with a minimum transfer requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Avios. From May 1st-May 31st, when you transfer Membership Rewards points to Avios you will receive 50% more Avios on the total number of Membership Rewards points transferred. For example, if you transfer 1500 MR points to Avios, you will be credited a total of 2250 Avios. Please allow up to 5 working days to receive Avios to your British Airways Executive Club Account. British Airways is responsible for fulfillment of this offer.
With BA, I know redeeming with partners is challenging but what do you guys think of the value of Avios VS Aeroplan with the Bonus?

I think you can go from Aeroplan to Points.com to PetroCanada to RBC Avion to British Airways.

Does anyone know if we can do the opposite ? Avios to Aeroplan?
(FYI - This is why I posted to the Aeroplan forum)

Thanks,

I.T.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:32 am

Yayayayayayayayayay! +1
Old May 3, 2012, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by InsaneTravel

I think you can go from Aeroplan to Points.com to PetroCanada to RBC Avion to British Airways.

Aeroplan to Esso Extra to RBC Avion to BA

BA has no exchange ability the other way AFAIK.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Awesome deal!

Pants are pooped.
Old May 4, 2012, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
I'm still doing some research to see if we can transfer from BA Avios to AC AP but so far no good. (BA is not part of Points.com)

I'll see what the redemptions on BA are like this weekend when I have more time to research. My work colleague mentioned that BA has a lot of availability in Business, not so much in Economy *(NICE !!)*

He's leaving for Nice tomorrow and he mentioned that from YVR BA charged him 110,000 points for business (He's on the old plan, I understand it's 120,000 now). Not a great value as AP charges 120,000 for first to Europe.

He also mentioned that you CANNOT choose your carrier. Let's say you wanted to go YUL-CDG on AirFrance, apparently if there is room on YUL-LHR-CDG they will "Force" you to take it.

A few questions:

Does anyone know what the stopover rules and maximum legs are? Currently on AP it's 3 real stops and up to 10 legs.

Does BA use the Plaza lounges in Canada?

What are the First Class Lounges like around the world (Compared to Lufthansa's FCL in FRA/MUC and Thai's FCL + SPA in BKK) ?

Thanks everyone,

I.T.
Old May 4, 2012, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by InsaneTravel
I'm still doing some research to see if we can transfer from BA Avios to AC AP but so far no good. (BA is not part of Points.com)

I'll see what the redemptions on BA are like this weekend when I have more time to research. My work colleague mentioned that BA has a lot of availability in Business, not so much in Economy *(NICE !!)*

He's leaving for Nice tomorrow and he mentioned that from YVR BA charged him 110,000 points for business (He's on the old plan, I understand it's 120,000 now). Not a great value as AP charges 120,000 for first to Europe.

He also mentioned that you CANNOT choose your carrier. Let's say you wanted to go YUL-CDG on AirFrance, apparently if there is room on YUL-LHR-CDG they will "Force" you to take it.

A few questions:

Does anyone know what the stopover rules and maximum legs are? Currently on AP it's 3 real stops and up to 10 legs.

Does BA use the Plaza lounges in Canada?

What are the First Class Lounges like around the world (Compared to Lufthansa's FCL in FRA/MUC and Thai's FCL + SPA in BKK) ?

Thanks everyone,

I.T.
Don't think AF is part of OW... For info on BA, check the FAQ on the flyertalk subforum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.