Wiki Posts
Search

Advice - "one way" from Europe.

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Advice - "one way" from Europe.

Hoped to get some creative advice here:

I need to travel to Iceland and have a round trip ticket booked from YYZ in late May/early June on Icelandair. The opportunity has come up to do some N Europe travel immediately after.

There would be a net ~$700 change fee to move my return on Icelandair to a week later, then book round trip Iceland to Europe travel on SAS (probably an additional $800).

My question is whether anyone has creative ways to do this otherwise, preferably ending up on AC metal for the inbound Europe to YYZ. Of course one-way Europe -->> YYZ fares on AC are astronomical (north of $3K for Y).

I had thought of trying to book Iceland-> N Europe -> YYZ on SAS/LH hopefully ending up on AC metal on the inbound as a codeshare, but would welcome any other suggestions.

I do need to travel back to Europe later this year, so thought of booking a round trip Europe --> Canada on AC, to include the following trip, but that still would leave me with an odd one-way segment at the end of the next trip.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Would you not book a round trip and save a ton of money and then call in and say you cant fly because your finding yourself or are sick etc and get a credit? Worse case you simply let it run out and you still save a ton of money.

Now I say this without factoiring of you collect points etc. I am sure people do this all the time, why not! $900 ticket versus a $3K ticket!
Old May 1, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
Economy Europe flight pass - 6 credits for 1 person or 8 credits for 2, good for 12 months, can be extended for 3 months $250, name changes $100.

Works out to $659/direction
Old May 1, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC-E
Originally Posted by ACB777
Of course one-way Europe -->> YYZ fares on AC are astronomical (north of $3K for Y).
Except for LHR-YYZ -- this is $990 + fees and taxes one way.
FWIK, LHR is one of the few (the only?) European airport having such decent one-way fares to NA.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:54 am

I hate to say it here, but AIR TRANSAT?
Old May 2, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AC Prestige, PC Platinum
+1 Air transat...

Im in Rome, and had to change my return date to YUL. AC change fee 250 + fare change 45$, for ROME-YYZ-YUL

Air transat one-way return 250$ - DIRECT Rome - YUL. fare is non-refundable and all that, but thats a fantastic deal!
Old May 2, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by CZBB
I hate to say it here, but AIR TRANSAT?
I almost posted that, but hesitated... while looking at other options.

However, it is true you can find o/w on TS for ~$450 from AMS (USD $429 on June 2). You'd have to make your way to AMS, though. I don't know how that might work with your plans.

Other options/ideas (in USD, sample June 2):
HEL/OSL/CPH/ARN to JFK/BOS on Icelandair for ~$550-600. You'd have to get to YYZ, of course, which, again, might not fit into your plans.

US can get you to the East coast US (PHL/LGA) for a grand. Actually spotted an H fare, o/w, BRU-PHL-EWR for $856.

An for AC, they have several B fares on LHR-YYZ-BOS/PHL/LGA/JFK for a shade over $1,200. LHR-YYZ for $1,300.

And I cuncur, getting back on AC from CPH/HEL etc. is full Y for o/w =$$$$
Old May 2, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: O6*G, Delta Silver, Air Berlin Silver, Marriott Gold, A|Club Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Platinum
For one-way from Europe to Canada (or vice-versa), Air Transat can't be beat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.