Wiki Posts
Search

North Am. US F vs AC J on AE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
North Am. US F vs AC J on AE

Is the 20k miles worth to go US F? Would be flying on 319, 321 and eE90 J all 3 hours+ but no pod due to flying out of yeg. Is US F like UA First Domestic? I cant seem to find the information anywhere.

US F does have better times for my dates.

Last edited by SKYEG; Dec 6, 2012 at 9:57 pm
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:51 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

My recent US F experience has been that with the exception of IFE it is comparable with AC domestic J.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by sktdh
Is the 20k miles worth to go US F? Would be flying on 319, 321 and eE90 J all 3 hours+ but no pod due to flying out of yeg. Is US F like UA BusinessFirst Domestic? I cant seem to find the information anywhere.

???
AC J > US J/F on NA routes.

From a purely in flight perspective there is NO reason to shell out the extra for US F. (Operationally speaking however . . . )
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
US F is just a larger seat with extra legroom, I chose the paid upgrade for 175 on a LGA -CLT flight recently,
it is really personal preference and how much you value 20K miles.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Thanks for the replies,
Going to stick with AC J and keep the 20k.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Is the 20k miles worth to go US F? Would be flying on 319, 321 and eE90 J all 3 hours+ but no pod due to flying out of yeg. Is US F like UA BusinessFirst Domestic? I cant seem to find the information anywhere.

There is no UA BusinessFirst Domestic - its just UA "F", like US "F".

In your case I wouldnt spend the extra 20k, even if it meant saving $114 in domestic scamcharges because of flying AC.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:09 pm

Thanks for the replies,
US: no fuel surcharge for NA F/J
AC: double ($56x2) fuel surcharge for NA F/J
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the replies,
Good choice. US F is a slightly bigger chair, and you get to pass the snack basket. Your choice of vinegar quality wine served in a plastic cup. No entertainment.
Old May 1, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

My recent US F experience has been that with the exception of IFE it is comparable with AC domestic J.
Wow you must have a really bad opinion of AC J. US F is not a premium over business it is just that they market it as First and show it that way to Aeroplan. Aeroplan used to recognize this and reduce the required points, but stopped doing.

This is a big step down from AC J and I wouldn't give a point or penny more for this. As was already said think bad wine and a snack basket. On longer haul it might be a little better but won't catch AC J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.