Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Moving up to the front of aircraft????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Moving up to the front of aircraft????

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K / Marriott Silver Elite / SPG
Moving up to the front of aircraft????

Hey everyone, this will be my first thread and I have just jumped on the bandwagon from lurking the forums for quite some time.

I just have an question reagarding seat changes. I am an Aeroplan Prestige member and have bought an cheap Tango fare. I want to move to the front of the aircraft. I will be travelling on the 763ER with the first layout.

I called Air Canada Reservations and they notified me that I can only change to the "better" seats with only an Tango Plus ticket....but when I travelled to Brazil in 2008, I remember correctly that my family and I was ALL moved to the front of the 763ER aircraft with 33inch seat pitch!

Did something change I was not aware of?

Thanks so much in advance!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by Flyer4Ever:18480790
Hey everyone, this will be my first thread and I have just jumped on the bandwagon from lurking the forums for quite some time.

I just have an question reagarding seat changes. I am an Aeroplan Prestige member and have bought an cheap Tango fare. I want to move to the front of the aircraft. I will be travelling on the 763ER with the first layout.

I called Air Canada Reservations and they notified me that I can only change to the "better" seats with only an Tango Plus ticket....but when I travelled to Brazil in 2008, I remember correctly that my family and I was ALL moved to the front of the 763ER aircraft with 33inch seat pitch!

Did something change I was not aware of?

Thanks so much in advance!
Yes, Tango happened.
50% mileage accrued and no upgrades.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:04 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
You may have been lucky enough to get an operational upgrade if the back was oversold.

It doesn't happen very often.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA MP
33 inch pitch? Are you talking about the business class seats, or some of the economy seats on some 763s that have slightly more leg rooms?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
You may have been lucky enough to get an operational upgrade if the back was oversold.

It doesn't happen very often.
OP is talking about bulkhead/exit row seats (33" pitch).

Alas, as stated even as E or SE you need to be on T+ to access those seats otherwise you have to pay $120 per person!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Nope, I am talking about seats 12-15 on the Layout 1 cabin of the 763ERs, they are 33 inch pitch.

So I guess it is really true I can't move to the front of the aircraft with Tango fairs (P) and Prestige?

Before we could have done that?

Also, where can I find info about the fare types for Tango, Tango Plus, etc.?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer4Ever
Nope, I am talking about seats 12-15 on the Layout 1 cabin of the 763ERs, they are 33 inch pitch.

So I guess it is really true I can't move to the front of the aircraft with Tango fairs (P) and Prestige?

Try the following link:
http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/earn.html
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by znke252
I think this is more useful as it explains actually what the differeces are between T, T+, Lat. et al.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/one...ex_europe.html
Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:07 pm

I think your terminology confused many people here. "move to the front of the aircraft" means upgrade to business class (especially since your OP referenced the executive first layout). What you want to do is "move to the (economy) cabin" which is completely different.

Upgrading from Tango fares to business is not allowed. What you want is to be seated in "priority" seats on a tango fare. This is allowed as a P provided your tango fare allows seat selection. Within NA you have to pay for seat selection but can choose priority seats. Internationally you can get complimentary seat selection and choose priority seats for you and those on your PNR. The bulkhead seats should count as "priority" but exit row seats are "preferred" and will incur extra charges to select.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/oneway/index_europe.html

And welcome to FT!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by YEG USER
I think your terminology confused many people here. "move to the front of the aircraft" means upgrade to business class (especially since your OP referenced the executive first layout). What you want to do is "move to the (economy) cabin" which is completely different.

Upgrading from Tango fares to business is not allowed. What you want is to be seated in "priority" seats on a tango fare. This is allowed as a P provided your tango fare allows seat selection. Within NA you have to pay for seat selection but can choose priority seats. Internationally you can get complimentary seat selection and choose priority seats for you and those on your PNR. The bulkhead seats should count as "priority" but exit row seats are "preferred" and will incur extra charges to select.

And welcome to FT!
Actualy take a look here:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...rredseats.html

Preferred seat selection is complimentary if you are:

An Air Canada Super Elite member travelling on a Tango Plus or Latitude fare;
An Air Canada Elite member or a Star Alliance Gold member with another airline travelling on a Latitude fare.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by mendy7511

And welcome to FT!
Actualy take a look here:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...rredseats.html

Preferred seat selection is complimentary if you are:

An Air Canada Super Elite member travelling on a Tango Plus or Latitude fare;
An Air Canada Elite member or a Star Alliance Gold member with another airline travelling on a Latitude fare.
I've addressed what you posted in my post. You are talking about preferred seats (exit row and some bulkhead). I'm talking about priority seats (the first few rows in economy that include the first bulkhead). Priority seats are free to P's.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:41 pm

I've addressed what you posted in my post. You are talking about preferred seats (exit row and some bulkhead). I'm talking about priority seats (the first few rows in economy that include the first bulkhead). Priority seats are free to P's.
You are right, my bad.
I belive this was spelled out here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-aeroplan.html
Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, maybe I haven't been clear enough.

So bascially, I am wishing to move from seats 22 to seats 12-15 on an 763ER. These seats are the ones that are offered to Latitude fares.

I called and they said I can't move up to those seats with Tango Fare Class P and with Prestige. I have an feeling he may be lying to me as I have changed seats before in the past using the same Tango fare....
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Also, I noticed I can't change anything with an Tango fare?
What if I want to upgrade to an Tango Plus fare and pay the difference? I just estimated I would acheive AC*Elite class if I got 100% of my miles.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Goldpassport Platinum, Avis Something, Hertz Gold
Sorry, maybe I haven't been clear enough.

So bascially, I am wishing to move from seats 22 to seats 12-15 on an 763ER. These seats are the ones that are offered to Latitude fares.

I called and they said I can't move up to those seats with Tango Fare Class P and with Prestige. I have an feeling he may be lying to me as I have changed seats before in the past using the same Tango fare....
Why do you think "he" maybe lying to you? Where route are you flying? I am guessing you are flying to an international destination as you have seats assigned already.

As for moving from Tango to Tango + fare, call Air Canada and ask what the change fee would be. Your charge would include the change fee and fare difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.