Wiki Posts
Search

Windy City!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Windy City!

Gosh is it ever windy in downtown YYZ right now. I assume this is creating difficulties at Pearson right now. I can't imagine it's much fun for the pilots trying to land in this!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by RCyyz
Gosh is it ever windy in downtown YYZ right now. I assume this is creating difficulties at Pearson right now. I can't imagine it's much fun for the pilots trying to land in this!
Flew in last night on 877 from FRA, and it was quite rough. The captain warned us to expect bumps on the descent and landing, and the seatbelt sign remained on from around Ottawa for the remainder of the flight. Nothing too unusual though.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:59 pm

At YXU, I had heard of 96 kmh gusts by mid-afternoon Monday. Not sure what the top actually was, or what kind of sustained winds were as the day went on. But I can only imagine what a ride in on the Dash 8 would have been like, if they even flew in that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.