Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rovinescu: FIX THIS.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stussi613
According to who's criteria? Yours? Since we're not privy to the ACTUAL metrics that were put into place to judge his success (or epic failure) its kinda hard to say he failed at the specific tasks that the board of AC assigned to him.

I'm not saying I think he's been successful, merely that you can't use your experience as a bell weather to judge his success, or failure.
You saying they managed to invent some metrics that mde themselves look good?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:13 pm
Original Member

According to who's criteria? Yours? Since we're not privy to the ACTUAL metrics that were put into place to judge his success (or epic failure) its kinda hard to say he failed at the specific tasks that the board of AC assigned to him.

I'm not saying I think he's been successful, merely that you can't use your experience as a bell weather to judge his success, or failure.
On the contrary, as a "customer" the OP can judge whether the "customer experience" has been "compromised."

(Although I suppose you could say he failed because the the customer experience was compromised without reducing the cost structure. Or passed.)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marriot Silver Elite
Originally Posted by Stranger
You saying they managed to invent some metrics that mde themselves look good?
Essentially, yes.

In all seriousness there is a board plan at AC, and that board plan should have specific metrics tied to the overall performance of the company, as well as specific metrics that show how the CEO and other execs are delivering against that board plan.

If people aren't happy about how the board is setting the plan, or how the execs are delivering against it they have three choices:

1. Stop supporting the company by buying products and services from the company.

2. Buy some shares and question the board and execs at yearly meetings and shareholder calls. Vote against the board, it's members and the plan. If you ask questions they can't answer, or answer in a way that satisfies shareholders in a public forum you may start a movement within the voting members that could affect change.

3. Buy enough voting shares to take ownership of the company and institute change.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
On the contrary, as a "customer" the OP can judge whether the "customer experience" has been "compromised."

(Although I suppose you could say he failed because the the customer experience was compromised without reducing the cost structure. Or passed.)
Again, each of us is free to feel that AC is failing, or succeeding, based on our experiences.

The board is likely looking at things like this, unfortunately, as a measure of success based on the goals set out for C.R et al:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...rds/index.html
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3. Buy enough voting shares to take ownership of the company and institute change.
Probably should wait until their shares get low enough though.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:17 pm

Probably should wait until their shares get low enough though.
Shouldn't be too much longer now
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shouldn't be too much longer now
Should we set up some charity to collect funding? The "Save Air Canada Foundation?"

Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Should we set up some charity to collect funding? The "Save Air Canada Foundation?"

We already have one, but it's not charity. It's called "General Revenue Fund" for the Receiver General for Canada. Because that's where the rescue dollars have come from before, and I'm wondering if that's where they'll come from again, if only in the form of pension liability funding.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;

So you don't think strikes (wildcat or otherwise) have affected the customer experience? Or that cancelled flights as a result of abysmal mismanagement is cause for us to judge that the guy in charge has failed? Or that the littered comments throughout this thread of SE's who are saying they've had enough and are switching isn't failure?

Whether written in his contract or by sky-writers, the message is the same: EPIC FAIL.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Mustang Sally
So you don't think strikes (wildcat or otherwise) have affected the customer experience? Or that cancelled flights as a result of abysmal mismanagement is cause for us to judge that the guy in charge has failed? Or that the littered comments throughout this thread of SE's who are saying they've had enough and are switching isn't failure?

Whether written in his contract or by sky-writers, the message is the same: EPIC FAIL.
I'd suggest you go back and read my posts on this thread where I have said on a few occasions that I don't think the entire airline is doing a good enough job, and that I am moving all my business to WS and PD. I believe in doing something to show my displeasure with this whole affair.

What I'm not doing is judging people's performance when I don't know the criteria that was set out for them, nor do I know how to run an airline. Some people sit around and complain, others take action.

If you want him gone do what I said in the post on the previous page...

Stop flying AC
Buy some shares and question his performance
Buy enough shares to take over the airline and fire him and the board

Or

Stop b!tching
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: CC Concierge Elite, SPG Platinum, AE Elite
Stop b!tching
You're complaining about people complaining, on a forum of all places, not to mention a venting thread?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
I'd suggest you go back and read my posts on this thread where I have said on a few occasions that I don't think the entire airline is doing a good enough job, and that I am moving all my business to WS and PD. I believe in doing something to show my displeasure with this whole affair.

What I'm not doing is judging people's performance when I don't know the criteria that was set out for them, nor do I know how to run an airline. Some people sit around and complain, others take action.

If you want him gone do what I said in the post on the previous page...

Stop flying AC
Buy some shares and question his performance
Buy enough shares to take over the airline and fire him and the board

Or

Stop b!tching
True. We may not *know* the criteria. But I will take a stab and *guess* that PD and WJ are getting what they pay for from a BOD...AC isn't.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nowinyow
True. We may not *know* the criteria. But I will take a stab and *guess* that PD and WJ are getting what they pay for from a BOD...AC isn't.
Could it be that AC is getting what they paid for with CR.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by acysb87
Could it be that AC is getting what they paid for with CR.
If the BOD wants to completely alienate its (former) customer base. It's IS getting exactly what it wanted.

I am beginning to think the outcome has always been the bankruptcy of the airline.

So long AC. You were great at one time. So sad for all the awesome staff I met along the way....and a BIG to the BOD....I hope your greed serves you well in hell.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
What I'm not doing is judging people's performance when I don't know the criteria that was set out for them...
Why should I care about someone else's criteria when making a judgement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.