Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Codeshare fare anomoly

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2001, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Codeshare fare anomoly

I was looking up domestic Japanese fares and when I went to the travelocity.com web site. At the main part it had a cheap $94 fare YVR-SFO in the fare watch column. So I clicked on the fare, and sure enough, UA is offering a $94 fare, followed by AC with a $98 fare. So what's the problem? The UA fare is entirely on AC (well technically CP) equipment but marketed as UA. Does anyone know how something like this happens???
Old Oct 13, 2001, 6:33 pm

Programs: AE
Flyboy, I believe it is the security surcharge that was added to all tickets just after the Sep. 11th incident.

I seem to recall reading something last week about this surcharge being dropped early next week to match the US carriers who dropped theirs. If I recall, it was around $2.00 or $3.00 each way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.