Thanks for the Invitation but....

Old Oct 12, 01, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Basic, SPG, Airmiles
Thanks for the Invitation but....

An e-mail from AC invited me to use their up-to-date flight information service. So I entered my next two flights and the answer for both was "Information for the flight number is not available". The dining section seems to know the meals to be served and when my travel agent checked, she was told that the flights will fly.
Old Oct 13, 01, 11:49 am
ALW

I just tried it with a flight I'm thinking of taking next month, and it accepted the information.

One thing to note is that you really do have to write down the confirmation number (of the notification) or hit the "send me the confirmation number" link, because deleting or changing a notification requires you to know that number (there's no pull-down or other record).

I don't have a pager and don't have text-enabled cell phone service (at least, I don't think I have the latter) so I went for email. The notification details and confirmation number were just emailed to me.

andrew
Old Oct 13, 01, 2:08 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

This feature was introduced a couple of months ago. I've been using this feature to send notifications to my cell phone and it's been working most of the time. However, the last couple times that my flight was cancelled, the SE concierge called me before I got the notification.
Old Oct 13, 01, 7:47 pm

I have on occassion use the cell phone notification - but it seems I do not get the notification until I get home after the flight Curious what I would have to do to get the SE desk to call me about my cancelled flight - that is service!

SimonC

Search this Thread