Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Who buys "liquid oxygen drops" from the duty free shop?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who buys "liquid oxygen drops" from the duty free shop?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Penicillin does not work in all cases and for all people. It has serious side effects. To me drug companies are evil otherwise they would be handing out free aids vaccines to third world countries. Drug companies are legal DRUG PUSHERS!!!
That's not the point my friend, I just cited one example of how many people modern medicine has possibly saved. Not everything 'natural' also works on all people. Just look at how many people have serious allergies to something as natural and simple as a tiny peanut or its derivatives!

As for free vaccines, If you're a researcher/pharmacologist, are you willing to work for free for a drug company in order for them to 'donate' aids vaccines and forego your own kids/family? Better yet, since you expect another entetity do way with free products, why not lead the way by foregoing an air trip or two and using the funds to buy some AIDS vaccines to send over to the developing world?

R&D costs money and drug companies are well, like any other company, there to make money.

I'm sure a lot of them do their share of 'social outreach' though. No, not everything they do is ethical, but as a whole you can't just simply deny their benefits in a single motion.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by payam81
That's not the point my friend, I just cited one example of how many people modern medicine has possibly saved. Not everything 'natural' also works on all people. Just look at how many people have serious allergies to something as natural and simple as a tiny peanut or its derivatives!

As for free vaccines, If you're a researcher/pharmacologist, are you willing to work for free for a drug company in order for them to 'donate' aids vaccines and forego your own kids/family? Better yet, since you expect another entetity do way with free products, why not lead the way by foregoing an air trip or two and using the funds to buy some AIDS vaccines to send over to the developing world?

R&D costs money and drug companies are well, like any other company, there to make money.

I'm sure a lot of them do their share of 'social outreach' though. No, not everything they do is ethical, but as a whole you can't just simply deny their benefits in a single motion.
I am not gonna argue with you as its pointless.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Mar 22, 2012 at 7:21 pm
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:16 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I am not gonna argue with you as its pointless.
Indeed, as you have nothing to argue.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Seems this thread has developed more bite than bark and now has zero to do with AC or AP so will give everyone some closure.

tcook052
AC Moderator

Last edited by tcook052; Mar 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.