Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Who buys "liquid oxygen drops" from the duty free shop?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who buys "liquid oxygen drops" from the duty free shop?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! Is the FA drunk or intoxicated or just jealous he/she never have a pinata when they were young? I guess this is AC FA making the claim? This is a new freaking low for AC on PR and Customer Service.

Peter Fitzpatrick (AC spokeman) please admit the FA make a bad judgement call, apologize (esp to the 8 yr old) and send her a new pinata!
Does the FA know what a PINATA is? Maybe she thought it was a personal use device, mmhuh!!!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Actually, homeopathic travel remedies work. As do travel essences made from flower tinctures - which I've used for over 10 years. I'll swear by these. But not the liquid oxygen stuff !
Next thing you tell me is that powdered willow tree bark and leaves can reduce fevers.

Call me a skeptic about anything homeopathic; but if it actually works and there is money to be made, the drug industry will have patented it and be selling it as a proper drug in pharmacies.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
Next thing you tell me is that powdered willow tree bark and leaves can reduce fevers.

Call me a skeptic about anything homeopathic; but if it actually works and there is money to be made, the drug industry will have patented it and be selling it as a proper drug in pharmacies.
I and my parents use homeopathic remedies and they have worked for us. But why should the drug companies be bothered they have us all hooked on their internal organ damaging pills(like Tylenol)........................
So to each his own, if it does not work for you don't take it.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I was just browsing through the AC Duty Free catalogue and stumbled across the following item:

all natural liquid oxygen drops

Drink It Up! Helps with jetlag, fatigue, boosting your immune system, hangovers, fresher looking skin and it even purifies drinking water. Just add it to water or juice to revitalize while you’re flying. Bottle provides 2-month supply. Family friendly. Safe and healthy for everyone, everyday.

Add to water...
...or directly under your tongue.

ONLY $22.00CAD

No offence, but are there any idiots who buy this kind of crap? Seriously? Liquid oxygen drops? Why not also sell some homeopathic crap, too?

Maybe I should start my own business and sign a contract with the manager in charge for the duty free selection. A few obvious products come to mind:

1) magic water granting you super powers and an overall enhanced feeling of happiness
2) empty bottles containing 21% super-power oxygen
3) an AC cap protecting you from any sort of flight disruption*
* guaranteed to work on 95.4% of all flights

After a year I´d have earnt enough money to always purchase full-fare J/F tickets and I´m sure that would greatly improve my health and overall well-being.
If it is legal and you had a product like that and some buy it, wouldn.t you do it ?

BTW why call Homeopathy products crap ? Perfectly legit, modern allopathic doctors are starting to understand and adopt it !

Do remember not everyone can afford a J or F. Otherwise there would be no Y, increasing the air traffic by 1000 % 1

We have flown J for th elast 21 years on laong hauls. Coming back West, the jet lag still lingers for days even on the most comfy lie flats .
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by zoobtoob

Actually I´d be much more confident saying that some product made of willow tree bark may have a positive impact on your health than any of that homeopathic crap. (not that I´d take either)

The beauty about homeopatic pills is that they have absolutely no side effects - that´s because they don´t contain any substances at all.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE
Actually I´d be much more confident saying that some product made of willow tree bark may have a positive impact on your health than any of that homeopathic crap. (not that I´d take either)
A friend of mine just bought a significant quantity of Cinchona Bark, and plans to brew it up with soda water... Works particularly well when you mix it with Gin.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hjohnson
A friend of mine just bought a significant quantity of Cinchona Bark, and plans to brew it up with soda water... Works particularly well when you mix it with Gin.
Sounds excellent.

How about mixing 1ml of Cinchona Bark syrup with 10l of Gin and call it a homeopathic high potency? Of course, you´d only be drinking it to enhance your heatlh and well-being.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! Is the FA drunk or intoxicated or just jealous he/she never have a pinata when they were young? I guess this is AC FA making the claim? This is a new freaking low for AC on PR and Customer Service.

Peter Fitzpatrick (AC spokeman) please admit the FA make a bad judgement call, apologize (esp to the 8 yr old) and send her a new pinata!
Maybe she was thinking of the Mexican oiled paper lacquered dolls usually of old people, these often have kerosene or other solvents used... reasonable to ban on the side of caution... pinatas don't use solvents just paper and glue... Maybe a not so bright FA saw a unpopular politician burned in effigy in a protest on TV and thought that what a pinata is.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by HMPS
...We have flown J for th elast 21 years on laong hauls. Coming back West, the jet lag still lingers for days even on the most comfy lie flats .
And in 21 years you've never tried Melatonin?! It works beautifully every time, all the time. That and Sun Light of course.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Does the FA know what a PINATA is? Maybe she thought it was a personal use device, mmhuh!!!
You mean saving a trip to the party store on her way home as someone suggested?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC SE
Sounds excellent.

How about mixing 1ml of Cinchona Bark syrup with 10l of Gin and call it a homeopathic high potency? Of course, you´d only be drinking it to enhance your heatlh and well-being.
I just wish you could buy un-sweetened tonic water. I fully realize it would be incredibly bitter, but that will still allow you to sweeten to taste.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I and my parents use homeopathic remedies and they have worked for us. But why should the drug companies be bothered they have us all hooked on their internal organ damaging pills(like Tylenol)........................
So to each his own, if it does not work for you don't take it.
Penicillin alone has probably saved hundreds of millions of folks from serious infections in a span of 75+ years. Try that with your homeopathic remedies!

Not everything drug companies do is inherently evil cause they make money...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:13 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by MaddyNight
There are several ways that products called "liquid oxygen" can work. Some, as stated earlier, are nothing more than hydrogen peroxide based. Some use a chemical mixture that when ingested will form oxygen within the body. And others... the NEW technology... uses and electrical charge to bind oxygen molecules to minerals disolved in water so there is literally oxygen *suspended" in the solution.

The new technology that created activated stabilized oxygen makes a product that is as safe as saline and has normal pH. Additionally, products like OxygenSuperCharger have a 35% oxygen solution.

The following slideshow presentation explains these differences and what makes the new technology so exciting: http://oxygensupercharger.com/activa...explained.html
Lovely spam, wonderful spa-a-m,
Lovely spam, wonderful S Spam,
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am,
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am,
SPA-A-A-A-A-A-A-AM,

SPA-A-A-A-A-A-A-AM,
LOVELY SPAM, LOVELY SPAM,
LOVELY SPAM, LOVELY SPAM,
LOVELY SPA-A-A-A-AM...
SPA-AM, SPA-AM, SPA-AM, SPA-A-A-AM!

Some use a chemical mixture that when ingested will form oxygen within the body.
And what "chemical mixture" would that be? Besides, wasn't the whole point of these snake oils to avoid "chemicals?"

And others... the NEW technology... uses and electrical charge to bind oxygen molecules to minerals disolved in water so there is literally oxygen *suspended" in the solution.
Ooooo.... new technology. It must be good. If you want extra oxygen in your beverages why not just drink soda water. It's got lot's of extra oxygen, not to mention carbon... both essential for life.

The new technology that created activated stabilized oxygen makes a product that is as safe as saline and has normal pH.
That's 'cause it is saline (solution.)

Additionally, products like OxygenSuperCharger have a 35% oxygen solution.
Even if that was true why would it matter. If you want to get oxygen into your bloodstream the fastest, most efficient way is through your lungs. Or are you suggesting that this OsygenBsCharger "solution" should be ingested into the lungs?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by payam81
Penicillin alone has probably saved hundreds of millions of folks from serious infections in a span of 75+ years. Try that with your homeopathic remedies!

Not everything drug companies do is inherently evil cause they make money...
Penicillin does not work in all cases and for all people. It has serious side effects. To me drug companies are evil otherwise they would be handing out free aids vaccines to third world countries. Drug companies are legal DRUG PUSHERS!!!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:38 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Bouncer
I don't use acupuncture, but there is medical evidence it can help. Not likely because of chi and such, but becauinfection acupunture se it can stimulate the release of certain chemicals in your body. It's offered as a treatment by the Mayo Clinic, and q number of other big name hospitals.
It can help what?

In fact there is no evidence that so-called acupuncture is any more effective than any other placebo. In a never-ending series of well controlled tests acupuncture has repeatedly and invariably failed to show any more effect than "sham acupuncture."

Sham acupuncture is carried out in two different ways. The first is to poke needles into the body in random places unrelated to the so called energy lines, actually penetrating the skin. The second is to poke the body without actually penetrating the skin. In each and every trial these "sham" acupuncture techniques have been shown to be equally effective as so-called real acupuncture.

That being the case pretty much anyone can practice this voodoo. All you need to do is randomly poke people. Even I could do it. But why bother, when there are more effective and safer methods to accomplish the same effects without risk of infection or needles being broken off and left inside the body.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.