Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flew in an unusual A320 today YYZ-LGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flew in an unusual A320 today YYZ-LGA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by unvlad
+1

Vagus, would you also be upset if you were forced to sit next to someone in business class who eupgraged or got opuped? Live and let live...
I don't think we can compare the 2 scenarios. I am not saying that I would be mad for everyone getting the upgrade but I think that whoever purchased a business fare deserves some compensation.

I think even air Canada, who does not want to give back any money to its customers, think also this is not fare and that why they compensate people who payed the fare when this happen. (as some posters reported here).
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Yeah, but isnt Jetz J seat > AC320 J seat?

What kind of service difference can there be when an aircraft is airbone < 60 mins like YYZ-LGA?
My experience is quite a few years old. Seats did not strike me as all that different.

As to service, it was on a YYZ-YYZ flight, so it did make a difference.

Now, in my case, I had been trying to upgrade and obviously the upgrade did not come through. So really no reason to complain.

This said, would I have been booked in J, I suppose there would have been a case for being reimbursed the fare difference between J and (some) Y fare.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Originally Posted by gglave
Not that I'd complain, but no seatback IFE, I presume?
No IFE although there seemed to be something there for in flight music channels. Didn't think to try it.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Stranger
As to service, it was on a YYZ-YYZ flight, so it did make a difference.
That's a seriously short hop
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:25 am

I flown on it once before between LGA and YYZ.

I was in shock.

FA said that the plane is occasionally for politicians and had just been used by U2.

There was a very elderly man on the flight who said he always dreamed of being in biz class and couldn't believe the luck.

I dont recall seeing tables, but I do recall large areas of empty space.
Very nice flight..considering I had booked it on flight pass.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Wouldn't that be a nice surprise!

I've heard of jetz subbing for regular AC flights, esp out of YWG and YYZ. I'm still waiting for my turn to fly one

As far as compensation for J pax, I don't know what to think! On one hand, I think AC owes them something. I mean, they are paying for something extra, and to get the exact same cabin as everyone else would be annoying. On the other hand, if they still get a seperate, dedicated cabin, crew, and meal service (even on this short a flight...)....so they are getting exactly what they payed for, while the rest of the pax are just getting an added bonus.

I'm sure there were some very happy pax on that plane...I bet some will be sad the next time they fly the route and get on a CRJ or E75....expecting the jetz plane
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
I've been on a couple "Jetz" A320s but they had normal interiors. Only the exterior was painted "Air Canada Jetz".
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by guessaaa
I've been on a couple "Jetz" A320s but they had normal interiors. Only the exterior was painted "Air Canada Jetz".
They convert them back and forth as needed
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nave888
Wouldn't that be a nice surprise!

I've heard of jetz subbing for regular AC flights, esp out of YWG and YYZ. I'm still waiting for my turn to fly one

As far as compensation for J pax, I don't know what to think! On one hand, I think AC owes them something. I mean, they are paying for something extra, and to get the exact same cabin as everyone else would be annoying. On the other hand, if they still get a seperate, dedicated cabin, crew, and meal service (even on this short a flight...)....so they are getting exactly what they payed for, while the rest of the pax are just getting an added bonus.

I'm sure there were some very happy pax on that plane...I bet some will be sad the next time they fly the route and get on a CRJ or E75....expecting the jetz plane
Yes, if the J class passengers got meal (or snack) service and dedicated crew, I would say they got what they paid for, otherwise, if the soft product experience matched Y, they should get compensated in some way.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:55 pm

Wow... nice interior, doesn't look like the usual beat-up A320 interior... I am not talking about the seats only, but the overall cabin condition.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Vagus
The real question I thinkis if the plane has only one class what happen to people who booked a business ticket? I would not be happy if I pay $$$ to sit in business then end up sitting next to people who payed a tango fare and getting the same service.
You would be even less happy if you were the Tango passenger who got bumped off the flight because the Jetz aircraft has far fewer seats than the normal A320/A319. I've seen this happen, and those with business seats booked were not bumped.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Some pictures courtesy of the Vancouver Canucks. I'm surprised they go through security. I thought it doesn't apply to charters.

Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
First thing I thought when looking at those pics is: Get your feet off the g/d seat back!!

Typical Canuck arrogance.

Thanks for posting the pics. ^

Last edited by j_the_p; Mar 25, 2012 at 7:45 am
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Are they required to dress so respectably when travelling on team business?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by Arcanum
Are they required to dress so respectably when travelling on team business?
No.
Hockey players just have class (unlike football, basketball etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.