Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2012 Elite package - first thoughts...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Checked the mail for the first time since Xmas - cappucino-colored envelope inside - Woo Hoo!

1. Way too much killing of trees. The luggage tags/chains could have been left unattached and the remaining cardboard was unnecessary. The letter was all that was needed with a traditional URL and QR code available to access all the details online.

2. Another year, another change in luggage tags. I like the fact that they are personalized, but the garotte-style metal chain to attach them to luggage handles is likely going to tear through the thin plastic on the tags. I suppose if that happens, I could join the two chains together and wear them like one of those Q-Ray bracelets.

3. No personalization of the MLL guest passes - I'm assuming the bar code is NOT uniquely identifiable?

4. All the Elite priority contact numbers have changed... I guess AC is getting annoyed with ex-Elite members calling

5. Membership card "theme" is basically the same although the red dash in the middle of the second E in Elite is snazzy ^

Any idea what the "Code" value means on the membership card?

Happy New Year, y'all!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by kbondale
Any idea what the "Code" value means on the membership card?
Check digit.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
4. All the Elite priority contact numbers have changed... I guess AC is getting annoyed with ex-Elite members calling
I don't recall them ever not changing...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
3. No personalization of the MLL guest passes - I'm assuming the bar code is NOT uniquely identifiable?
No need to, isn't the whole point that you give them out to friends and family?

I actually can't even find the priority numbers on the Aeroplan site anymore. I guess both numbers will work until March 1st and then they'll drop the old ones?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Every MLL guest pass has an identical bar code so one could theoretically just photocopy...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:09 pm

pics?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
anyone receive a SE package yet?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:45 pm

5. Membership card "theme" is basically the same although the red dash in the middle of the second E in Elite is snazzy ^

>>>>>>>The "red dash" is a minus sign put there to constantly remind you throughout 2012 that they keep taking more away and will do so again next year.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
pics?
+1. Photos!!!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
1. Way too much killing of trees.
Probably recylced paper so I doubt they killed any trees. Besides if they did, they provided jobs to the people in the forestry industry (probably in Canada) and besides we have sustainable practices for logging operations so we don't need these tree hugger comments from the 80's anymore. Society has moved on and realized the lunacy of these man made environmental issues (logging and forestry is but one of these issues)...i could go on and on but I don't want to sabotage this post too much....just glad that someone finally had half a brain (Harper) and has put an end to this Kyoto protocol thing...thank god that is done.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC Elite, *Alliance Gold, Marriott Elite Silver
Deleted

Last edited by miltonguy; Dec 29, 2011 at 8:03 pm
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Thanks for the update kbondale, I'm surprised how quickly the package was mailed this year (though I haven't received mine). FYI...E and SE numbers change every year (at least in my experience).

Aside: some of you should move your conversation to OMNI PR.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: E50K
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Well said.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
When did you choose your benefits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.