Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2012 Elite package - first thoughts...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Elite package - first thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: 50K
^^
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
anyone receive a SE package yet?
As posted on the main thread about 2012 benefits, several of us in the GTA received the steel grey and red mini-box yesterday. Assume the Elite kit is packaged in a similar fashion, albeit in different colours. Prestige will likely be a simple envelop with card and certs ordered since there are no tags. (BTW you can see the reverse of the tags in the photo with the name, and address if that was your selection. The reverse side is the same save for no name but a rather large "2012" in the lower right corner.)

Although LH and CX have used this sort of metal device for attaching their elite tags, I find the metal loop rather useless for my purposes.

Last edited by Shareholder; Dec 30, 2011 at 1:22 pm Reason: Photo posted, thanks jlisi984 and scapaflow.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
SH sent me this:

Last edited by jlisi984; Dec 30, 2011 at 12:55 pm
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: 50K
Thanks for sending that Shareholder.... you can ignore my PM
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I guess I don't have to wait for my CX card to show to get metal tag ties
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:43 pm

Just picked up my Elite package at mail box. Bag tags a big improvement, plus they now say the year (2012) unlike last years write your name in ones

FWIW Aeroplan website listed Dec 23 for send date.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:37 pm

got mione today in Montreal

Overall impressive package, luggage tags are a huge improvement...I like the wire bag tag things but I have not put them on yet so I don;t know if they will work well on my luggage...

All in all, better than last year.<

D
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:14 pm

Received in the mail today, Alberta

Received my package in the mail today: St. Albert, AB

Overall: nice package. nice presentation. I like the change over to the wire holder with metal connector. I have a Virgin America all metal bag tag with a similar holder and it's rock solid.. I only wonder how much stress the plastic tag can handle before the integrity of the hole gives way. That being said, I have only ever put the tags on carry on bags so something of a moot point for me..

Did notice one thing which is new - the tag has no Star Alliance GOLD emblem. First thought, not really necessary since the card does have it and is more relevant on the card than the tag, but still would have been nice as we travel the globe the tag displays the person as a Star Alliance GOLD status holder.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:41 pm

what is the QR code for?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
what is the QR code for?
Supposed to be for additional phone numbers. The info card in the SE kit just has concierge phone numbers and the back of the membership card has a few res and lost luggage numbers.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:59 pm

The QR code is the "barcode square" that a smartphone can take a picture of and load onto your phone the page of whatever the barcode is linked to. In Air Canada's case and the E/SE package, AC is promoting the use of the AC app so you need the QR app first - then you take a picture of the barcode - it loads (the AC app) on your personal device.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:21 pm

QR code it sends you to a AC site that then sends you to get the iPhone app, (or BB) except it would not accept my Aeroplan # "invalid" it seems. I just phoned AC it seems it just takes you to app store to download the app, which I already have.

They think there is technical issue, no kidding. Anyway they are looking into it.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
I like the changes

Metal holders will be much more durable (and don't need a lesson on how to attach them to the luggage).

I also like that they moved the Air Canada logo further north on the card so it's easy to spot in my wallet (I believe this was a criticism of last year's card).

Overall I think they listened to many of the issues posted here last year and resolved many of them. We complained about no personalization - fixed, we complained about the tag holders - fixed, we complained about the placement of the logo on the wallet card - fixed, we complained that the colours/style hadn't changed in several years - fixed, we complained about how long the packages took to get to us - fixed.

Overall, I'd say AC paid attention this year.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Elite Pkg just received in Edmonton

**Click on pic to enlarge**

Envelope:

Total Package Contents:

Luggage Tags (Front and back):

Elite Card:

Last edited by morphius909; Dec 30, 2011 at 6:37 pm
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:44 pm

I sure wanna give the QR code a try..... SH leave the empty box for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.