Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Delayed luggage: the most unprofessional and rudest attitude possible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed luggage: the most unprofessional and rudest attitude possible

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4000 should be worth a bit less than $40.

Was the call center where people knew nothing in India?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Man I'm getting so sick of people b*tching about virtually nothing.

I flew paid J from Vancouver to Rwanda via Montreal and Brussels. My luggage arrived 4 days later, one day prior to my return flight.

What did I demand from AC? Nothing, I've got more important things to do with my time.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Delayed luggage en route is actually a miracle! It means your credit card company buys you a new wardrobe.

I should be so lucky - I've only ever had one luggage issue but it was upon arrival at home so I ended up with bupkis.

Anyway, yes, AC is really cheap with compensation, IMO. I'm not sure what you can do about it.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HGB
With my wife we had our 3 pieces of luggage delayed on a morning flight from Vancouver to SFO: the AC representative guaranteed a delivery later in the afternoon which seemed allright. In the evening, nothing so I called their hotline where I had a most incompetent and rude employee who asked stupid questions for no less than 45 minutes. Ultimatly they delivered the luggage at ... 4:30 am waking up the whole neighbourhood...
The AC phone representative had insisted even if we live in France that we send our request for compensation to their Montreal office, so I did. Eight weeks later we got an acknoledgment of receipt from their Paris office! this because it is the office where you live that should deal with any request, something which their hotline ignored...
Four more weeks and they sent for us two a credit of 4000 miles which is the equivalent of USD 12 which is less than I paid for the postage: even in Africa I know well, compensations are better. And when I complained they even refused to answer.
Airlines in North America have no great reputation for service but on a similar type of incident UA acted both professlionaly and efficiently.
Avoid Air Canada!
4000 miles can get you movie tickets in Canada.
They normally cost $12.99+ HST each.
That is more than $12.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: 50K
A few year back I flew AF from JFK via CDG to BRU and my luggage disappeared for two days. I got a plain white Tshirt, a plastic comb and a toothbrush for my trouble. Thanks AF!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HGB
Easily: Air France when there is something not working in the cabin such as the video system, the chief purser will give you a MCO voucher which you can exchange either for 6000 miles or 15 euros equivalent to 20 US dollars. Consequently 4000 miles are worth 15 dollars!
Wow! Who knew AF miles were so worthless.

I just booked a First Class ticket from Toronto to Asia for 125K AE miles, so with your math, that was worth about $470! What a deal!

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
wow, my 2 bags were delayed by United for 4 days and I never received any compensations (despite multiple attempts to Twitter, Facebook, call in etc....), then they delivered like 2am in the morning. Mind you, i'd just moved on in my life.
You should have written a song and posted it on You Tube! @:-)
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Wow! Who knew AF miles were so worthless.

I just booked a First Class ticket from Toronto to Asia for 125K AE miles, so with your math, that was worth about $470! What a deal!

You should have written a song and posted it on You Tube! @:-)
Cry me a River (Justin Timberlake).
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Lost luggage is part of the experience. In over 15 years of frequent travels it has happened four times. Twice by AC and once by LH or TG and once with LAN.
The LAN experience was inexcusable. A simple one segment flight and they lost both our bags. It came 36 hours later in IGU.No apology-no explanation or compensation.

In both cases with AC, they had located the bag before I hit the ground and informed me when the bag would arrive and I was able to get it within 24 hours.

Between LH and TG on a long YYZ-DUS-ZRH-BKK itinerary, TG informed me as I boarded their flight that my bag was not on board. When I landed in BKK 11 hours later, the gate concierge met me and took me through immigratiojn where a TG staff was waiting for me to simply describe the bag and give an address in BKK. They had located the bag and it would arrive later that day.

I feel for those who have had lost bags for days but you have to take it in stride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.