Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Baggage on Overnight Connection at YUL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G

I have booked a 23 hour transfer at YUL on my flight from ZRH to YTZ. Is it possible to drop the bags off after I have cleared customs (eg the day before the flight to YTZ) or does YUL not allow overnight baggage transfers?

I only ask because AC Reservations is telling me this is not possible. I really want to avoid rechecking the bags (rather than just dropping them on the belt) to avoid being stung for additional baggage charges (coming off LX F and onto AC Y).
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
You would need to claim your bag and re-check it in the morning, unless things have changed in the last few months.

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
I have booked a 23 hour transfer at YUL on my flight from ZRH to YTZ. Is it possible to drop the bags off after I have cleared customs (eg the day before the flight to YTZ) or does YUL not allow overnight baggage transfers?

I only ask because AC Reservations is telling me this is not possible. I really want to avoid rechecking the bags (rather than just dropping them on the belt) to avoid being stung for additional baggage charges (coming off LX F and onto AC Y).
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:10 pm

If it comes to not being able to recheck them, there is a baggage storage at YUL....
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Airport cannot hold luggage overnight as required under the security rules. So at all Canadian airports, you have to claim your luggage and check-in again the next morning for all overnight connection flights.

Last edited by Spot planes; Dec 14, 2011 at 6:07 pm
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
... to avoid being stung for additional baggage charges (coming off LX F and onto AC Y).
Could you try getting your bag tagged all the way through to your destination? You would still need to store your bag overnight somewhere, but if it gets tagged by LX, you would only need to drop off your bag with AC and would avoid extra baggage costs.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Could you try getting your bag tagged all the way through to your destination? You would still need to store your bag overnight somewhere, but if it gets tagged by LX, you would only need to drop off your bag with AC and would avoid extra baggage costs.
That appears to be a good option. In any case, I spoke to AC Social Media (via Facebook) and was advised that I was entitled the the SWISS allowance for the YUL-YTZ leg and should push the issue with checkin staff if needed as the connection is less than 24 hours (23:45 to be precise).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.