Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for unused eUpgrade credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for unused eUpgrade credits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by epost77
Hi all,

There seems to be a fair amount of e-credits out there that will be expiring on Feb 29/12. Mrs. epost77 & I (both of us are E) have used up all of our e-credits and now have a last minute trip (at least by our standards) to YYZ-LHR leaving Feb 15 on AC858. If anyone has unused nominee spots remaining it would be amazing to be sponsored for this u/g so we would at least be in the aerolotto game with the chance at an upgrade. We would need 14 e-credits each so I'm looking for 28 total. If you are interested send me a PM as I'm sure we would be able to work something out

Thanks in advance,

epost77
Still looking for 1 more sponsor so that we both have a chance at aerolotto. If anyone is interested please send a PM. I'm sure we can work something out

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
e credits for myself and mrs ACS

Just browsing for fun here usually limit it to BA as most of our flying is YYZ LHR and our status is with BA but this one caught my eye
Two of us heading to MBJ for a 9 day vacation end of Feb 17-26 on AC in Y
and if this e credit thing can help I'm all for it somehow
So if anyone has enough of these things to allow myself and Mrs ACS to enjoy the trip in J and can assist us in the matter please let me know. We will be forever in your debt ( well maybe not forever...) but thanks.
ACS
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonours Gold,
Last chance here for myself, leaving tomorrow YOW-YVR, see if anyone have anything available for me. Much appreciated. 20 credit needed.

Thanks,

Alan
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Quick question on this - if I add 2 people now to burn 2011 credits that expire in a month, am I stuck with those nominees for the rest of the year?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by canadatosiberia
Quick question on this - if I add 2 people now to burn 2011 credits that expire in a month, am I stuck with those nominees for the rest of the year?
Nope, they should disappear at the end of the benefit year (feb 29).

Burn away and make somebodys day.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: AC E50k
Hello all!

Just in case anyone has a unused nominee spot remaining and lots of credits that will expire on Feb.29

It would be amazing to be sponsored for my flight CDG-YUL (14) coming this Friday Feb.3 for which I don't have enough credits... I'm E and 3 days before departure there is still some R-seats.

If you can help out, PM me! I am not looking to buy, trade, barter etc. as it is not allowed. But I hope I will be able to give back to the FT community!

Thanks in advance,
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by canadatosiberia
Originally Posted by luchoqc
Hello all!

Just in case anyone has a unused nominee spot remaining and lots of credits that will expire on Feb.29

It would be amazing to be sponsored for my flight CDG-YUL (14) coming this Friday Feb.3 for which I don't have enough credits... I'm E and 3 days before departure there is still some R-seats.

If you can help out, PM me! I am not looking to buy, trade, barter etc. as it is not allowed. But I hope I will be able to give back to the FT community!

Thanks in advance,
A possible perfect match.......
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite
I have 25 unused eupgrade credits that will expire at the end of the month. I haven't been able to use these because I am only Prestige and never buy the eligible fare class. I assume these same restrictions transfer to a nominee regardless of their status? If anyone can use them, let me know.

Zen
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by 0zenon0
I have 25 unused eupgrade credits that will expire at the end of the month. I haven't been able to use these because I am only Prestige and never buy the eligible fare class. I assume these same restrictions transfer to a nominee regardless of their status? If anyone can use them, let me know.

Zen
What are the restrictions for Prestige members? I didn't realize it differed between E and Ps.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite
Because I am only Prestige, the fare class must be M, B, or Y.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: AP, UA, AA
Looks like I will have 24 e-credits left. Can nominate 1 person
Have E status with AC
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:01 pm

Anyone want to post if anyone here has actually offered and then followed through in that last short period?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: AP, AM
Originally Posted by getaround
Anyone want to post if anyone here has actually offered and then followed through in that last short period?
I've had a few offers behind the scenes / off board from people here changing their "give" to "sell".

I'm not sure how that would work since you'd essentially be buying a lottery ticket, the ethics of it notwithstanding.

But I have heard of others on here for whom it has worked, so I imagine YMMV.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: *void

Zen
Because I am only Prestige, the fare class must be M, B, or Y.
Big Z, you can nominate anyone who has an AP number...the 'lucky' nominiee does NOT need any status whatsover.

The nominee also has to give you his/her Booking Ref, and YOU, the status member, do the upgrade for them.

So, if you are Prestige, you start at the 48hr window...the eUpgrade system will tell you if the leg(s) can be upgraded and how many credits are required for that leg...it was all new to me till last week. Glad I could help a business-travelling friend who fortunately had a T+ ticket.

Did not know that the T+ fare had to be M, B or Y for Prestige. Enlightening, thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by getaround
I can confirm that this thread has helped me get an u/g However, still need 1 more sponsor so that my wife and I can both be up front or else I'll be in Y...while she enjoys the wine & food in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.