Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for unused eUpgrade credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for unused eUpgrade credits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
With all these post about leftover e-credits I'd like to say that I managed my e-credits perfectly! As of 20:05 tonight I have used every e-credit I had On top of that I had 100% of my u/g request clear^ Those u/g's included a round trip YYZ-LHR, YYZ-YHZ, and YYZ-ORD. Mrs. epost77 also had 100% of her u/gs clear as well on the similar routes but still has 5 (useless) e-credits left as of now since she started with a few more.

I must say the system isn't perfect, especially if the new normal is to offer LMU first then clear the u/g list, however I feel that with respect to u/gs I did fair better under this system then the paper certs.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
lol I have fallen from status last year since was too tired to make MR end of last year and did not see the point. I did miss the lounge when my European connection in FRA Nov went problematic and could have used access.

so the ecredit for tango plus fares (lower grades) needed are 14 and 17 and can only be used by ELITE?

I think I will hit Prestige this year due to a couple of work europe trip.. I will be on one Dec 10 YUL-FRA.. If anyone have ecredits to spare and want to trade for something let me know.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
When one gets spoiled, it's hard to see the merits of the present.

Think back to last year - you had your certs, use them yourself or on your flight or loose them.

Now we have the freedom of upgrading other people. Air Canada has approached this, IMHO, in a very smart way. Unlike UA, there is very limited eUpgrade trading or buying (!!), because people have limited eUpgrade spots. So a big ^ to AC.

On the flip side, I will have no unused credits by Feb 29 - assuming that all upgrades clear. I have planned this year perfect. I always travel with a companion for int'l trips, so all these upgrades have been for two (yes, two) SEs. Have had a TATL trip every month (except one month it was TPAC), those trips have all been upgraded except two legs on LH which would have been also upgraded using UA paper certs had there not been weather and heavy bookings (and a rude PHL LH lead agent); as well as one leg on AC where there was only one seat in J (so my mom got it). Mostly YYC-FRA and vv. Also upgraded EWR-LIS using CO points with a huge co-pay (wasn't worth it IMO) and BRU-ORD using traded UA certs.

Have YYC-FRA-YYC * 3 left to upgrade before the onset of the new status year.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by getaround
Maybe AC can cut the amount of credits available to pass users as a new '"enhancement".
Like most, I have a bunch left over not because I was given too many, but because I've been unable to use them - Waitlisted, but no joy...
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: MP 1K,
Originally Posted by jlisi984
A nominee spot is permanent until the next status year...

2222 post!
Correct me if I'm wrong but if someone nominated me now, they would have all four spots open next month when they select their privileges for next year?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by smarsh102
Correct me if I'm wrong but if someone nominated me now, they would have all four spots open next month when they select their privileges for next year?
Ah, if that's what you meant, then yes.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
As a reminder, "trading" certs/points/credits for cash or cash equivalents is against the TOS. Please refrain from making these offers in the future.

skofarrell - Moderator AC/Aeroplan Forum
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gglave
Like most, I have a bunch left over not because I was given too many, but because I've been unable to use them - Waitlisted, but no joy...
Still one way or another, if they give many more credits than there are upgrade seats available, they are giving out too many.

You might argue that they gave other people too many obviously, but not to you.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Well anyone who has the spirit of the season in them...

....and many E credits to burn....I'm stuck in the back YYZ-YVR on Monday (flight 137).
Feel free to spread some holiday joy!
yes I know but it was worth asking.
Homer>
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
I will hopefully finish up the year with 2 points left, good to 2013. So far I'm batting 10/10 in my upgrade attempts (and turned down a couple of upgrades to save points for when I really needed them).

I just had another 15 points post to my account, and can confirm that they indeed expire Feb 28 2013, so unlike the old paper certs I will definitely have come out ahead. Not only have I been upgraded more often and successfully than in the past, I will have zero wallpaper!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
By chance I ended up on the same flight as a friend and his wife. He is E and was only able to get 1 upgrade which he gave to his wife. He was waitlisted for a 2nd and did not make it.

The flight was 1 hr late leaving and had a medical emgercy which they asked passenger to wait till that passenger was removed and it ended up I missed my connection on LH flight booked on a separate ticket since non-priority line hold was over 2 hrs on Thursday night so I end up booking 2 tickets separately online.

AC need to get their act together and be able to ticket more or codeshare more with LH so they are bookable online. I could have booked on CO an through ticket but wanted to give AC some business and now I am out EUR60 change fee due to the 1 hr delay from incoming aircraft and medical emergency and AC saying that they are not responsible for missed connection due to AC delay since it is not on same PNR.

Last edited by Snoopyo; Dec 11, 2011 at 7:48 pm
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: AC Elite, Marriot Silver
Travel using another member's eUpgrade credits

Question: Can I upgrade my wife and I on the return flight using my eupgrades when I used another member's eupgrades on the outbound? I'm not so sure anymore when I start reading AC policy (see below)

The reason I am asking: My wife and I are headed out to YYZ>HKG on Dec 30 and returning January 8 for funeral.

I only have 33 credits -- 1 shy of upgrading both of us. Therefore I am turning to a friend (not travelling with us) to upgrade us on the outbound flight.

However, for the return flight, I'll have enough credits to upgrade my wife and I.

Question: Can I upgrade my wife and I on the return flight when I used another member's eupgrades on the outbound?

Thanks,

Azreal

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...des/howto.html
Travel using another member's eUpgrade credits

Currently, only one member may sponsor an upgrade per reservation. For instance, if a Super Elite and Prestige member are travelling together on the same booking, it is not possible for the Super Elite member to sponsor an upgrade for the departing flight(s), and for the Prestige member to sponsor an upgrade for the return flight(s).
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: AC SE
0 2011 credits left for me. Happy camper here.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Stranger
Still one way or another, if they give many more credits than there are upgrade seats available, they are giving out too many.
Or the 'cost of upgrades' is too low.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
yea. I know it sucks to waste all the upgrade credits. A friend of mine always fly TK to IST to work. No chance of burning those credits...

On a sad note, because of that, I don't think he even make it to AC*P in 2012. (he should of sign up w/ A3 to at least earn *G status)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.