Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YQR MLL Access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
I've used it twice now and it works really well. It will also alleviate congestion in the elite check-in line, as often the only reason people would be there was to get the lounge code.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: AC*E AMEX AM RBC
New Entry System for Regina Maple Leaf Lounge

Originally Posted by laurenceYYZ
Was at YQR yesterday and they've upgraded the entry system for the MLL as of last week. Instead of the passcode, there's now a kiosk where you swipe your card or scan the barcode on your boarding pass to verify entry. Pretty slick system.
Was there just last week - very sexy!

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 5, 2013 at 1:45 pm
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Anyone else have issues getting into this lounge? Last year, same problem.

Today with a J pass, I just used the BP, got in. Went out to take a call to be respectful, came back, tried my E75K card. It then asked for BP, then failed. Then I just tried my BP, then fail. Wouldn't let me in. Thankfully a few pax let me in

PS Who the hell keeps cranking up the heat?? Back down to 21'C it goes. And what's up with no glasses and two lounge attendants?

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Feb 27, 2015 at 5:44 pm
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Anyone else have issues getting into this lounge? Last year, same problem.

Today with a J pass, I just used the BP, got in. Went out to take a call to be respectful, came back, tried my E75K card. It then asked for BP, then failed. Then I just tried my BP, then fail. Wouldn't let me in. Thankfully a few pax let me in

PS Who the hell keeps cranking up the heat?? Back down to 21'C it goes. And what's up with no glasses and two lounge attendants?
I never had a problem with just my BP, even when I was flying in Y (do they even have J in YQR? )

However, when I was trying to get in for a quick drink and sandwich during EYW, there was an E35K trying to get in. I offered to guest him. He declined, but said I could go ahead of him. My BP worked, DC's worked. Then he started trying again, and it took him a few more minutes to get in.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Strange. I've never had a problem getting in flying Y as E35K. That being said, I don't go in often...Its a tiny lounge and I usually prefer to sit in the waiting area....Ideally though, I arrive just in time to board.

Its funny to think about how many J pax there really are out of Regina...I mean, on a regular day like today, there are 3 E90s to YYZ, so a max of 27 J pax...most of whom are probably Elite upgrades...
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I never had a problem with just my BP, even when I was flying in Y (do they even have J in YQR? )
Yeah...YQR YYZ
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:57 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I've had similar issues lately: YQR-YYC (Y) - YYC-YVR (J).

Check in agent assured me it would be okay with the single economy class of service aircraft to Calgary. Didn't work at the door.

I ended up following someone else in. Hardly a perfect system.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Yeah...YQR YYZ
And seasonal YQR-YOW and YQR-YXE (hardly needed on that last route, I realize). Once in awhile we get J on YQR-YVR too but it's rare.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
I've just heard that YQR is changing some of its restaurants/shops. Wondering if the MLL is staying, or if YQR is taking this an opportunity to remove the lounge and put in some shop/restaurant instead?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nave888
I've just heard that YQR is changing some of its restaurants/shops. Wondering if the MLL is staying, or if YQR is taking this an opportunity to remove the lounge and put in some shop/restaurant instead?
I highly doubt it's getting removed. There are J flights out of that spot, and as per BS that is something that AC looks at. When I asked him about DFW and CLT getting a lounge (due to the removal of USAir from *A), he said that they were looking at DFW (b/c UA RCC is in a different terminal) getting one but no chance in "heck" as CLT is serviced by a CRJ200 and there is no J. FWIW.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Apr 7, 2015 at 11:43 am
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by nave888
Details:

http://www.yqr.ca/images/YQR_Retail_...-_04.01.15.pdf
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:42 pm
Suspended

I already saw the Timmies post security last week...
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Once you enter, your BP is locked for a certain amount of time before it can be used for entry again. I always let the attendant know I am going to the washroom and she will let you back in.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SearsTower
Once you enter, your BP is locked for a certain amount of time before it can be used for entry again. I always let the attendant know I am going to the washroom and she will let you back in.
You sure? I've never had this... If I can get in I'm good to go....
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SearsTower
Is it no longer an unattended room where you just have to punch in the day's security code that they give you at check-in?

I highly doubt it's getting removed. There are J flights out of that spot, and as per BS that is something that AC looks at. When I asked him about DFW and CLT getting a lounge (due to the removal of USAir from *A), he said that they were looking at DFW (b/c UA RCC is in a different terminal) getting one but no chance in "heck" as CLT is serviced by a CRJ200 and there is no J. FWIW.
It's interesting how AC chooses to do lounges. YQR keeps its lounge, maybe DFW gets one, yet YYC TB gets sweet FA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.