Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking Flight Capacity

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Tracking Flight Capacity

Mrs. RedTop flies AC flight 7980 somewhat regularly (YYZ-RDU around 9PM). The earlier flight (7978) is around 4:45PM. If she leaves work at the earliest possible moment she is maybe 75% to get to the airport in time (she is a schoolteacher and sneaking out early isn't an option).

In general we're willing to take the risk that she will miss 7978 and have to be rebooked on 7980, and usually they will rebook you without a fee if you miss your flight, but we'll deal with the $75 SDC fee if we have to. What would be really ugly is if 7980 were full. I think there was one time she was on 7980 and got to the airport early but 7978 was full so she couldn't change.

Is there a way to find out how often 7980 is full? We book the tickets quite a way in advance, so looking a day or two ahead won't work. Is there a way to find out how full it has been on average, say, over the past year?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:18 pm

I'm pretty sure no airline is going to release that sort of specific info for competitive reasons.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Unfortunately, no way...
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Pretty sure you won't find any employee who is willing to give up top secret load information st any airline however, you may have a better shot at seeing if there's another WestJet exec. interested in rifling through an AC exec's trash for this kind of info.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Pretty sure you won't find any employee who is willing to give up top secret load information st any airline however, you may have a better shot at seeing if there's another WestJet exec. interested in rifling through an AC exec's trash for this kind of info.
Sounds like a juicy story that I missed.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
Sounds like a juicy story that I missed.
It goes back quite a few years...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...t-settled.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.