Wiki Posts
Search

AE flight changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50k, Hilton HHonors, Novotel Aclub
AE flight changes

Have a mixed cabin reward on CO/UA in early January and have been checking business class availability periodically for 2 seats to open up. Sure enough, today I see 2 seats IAH-IAD on the flight we're confirmed in Y on. Call in, and agent doesn't see those same 2 seats - "sorry". But while she has me on the line she reports a few minor scheduling changes, including a 15 min change on the outbound YYC-IAH. This made a tight 50 minute connection into an illegal 35 min one. Strange though, I had to point this out to the agent (she put me on permahold to confirm w/ someone else). Moral of the story, keep an eye on your reward bookings periodically and in my case they are looking for alternatives for what would seem to be the coveted fully-flexible reward booking!

Questions:

- does this change on the outbound give me any additional clout when it comes to the return? Can I score better segments at n/c?
- since the flights were booked July 8 I know I am safe on the mileage increase, but regarding the increased confusion this summer on I/O reward (domestic business) redemption availability...Am I safe requesting seats that AP may now show in O?
- should we get moved to AC flights from CO/UA, does anyone know if they do Child meals as a sp. meal request (for corlanb 2.0)? I know domestic CO does not.
- how hard do I push to get acceptable replacement flights? Is there such a thing as pushing too hard if we get assigned 6 hour layovers or red-eye flights?

Oh, and the BB Playbook is magically $300 off for the rest of the month, which is about to solve entertainment issues on aforementioned UA flights. It's a good day!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.