Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum - Hertz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Might be missing it -

"Complimentary Hertz #1 Club Gold Membership and FREE car class upgrades'

This complimentary membership entitles the Cardmember to faster reservations and return, discounted rates and special offers, and free car class upgrades with every qualifying rental."

I have the hertz account but don't see or don't get the "free car class upgrades with every qualifying rental'.

All Hertz levels are called "#1 Club Gold" so which level is offered with the card? I don't see under my account "#1 Club Gold where it states FREE car class upgrades.

Anyone with any idea?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Hertz #1 Gold allows quick rental at airports (including YYZ) where you go straight to your car and drive off without first having to do any paper work at a Hertz counter.

And no, not all #1 Club levels are Gold.
http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/emembe...o?learnMore=n1

Sometimes I get an upgrade, sometimes I don't. But I don't really care. Only once I had an issue with the car and mentioned I am #1 Gold and got a replacement with free GPS (very lame vintage GPS, just like having a museum piece in the car).
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:54 pm

On that same link
http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/emembe...o?learnMore=n1

Free gold until Dec 15

Hertz #1 Club
Limited Time Offer: Sign up now for FREE Gold Membership. Offer valid until December 15, 2011.
** Participation in the Gold Plus Rewards program is limited to residents of the U.S., Canada, U.S.V.I, Puerto Rico, and certain U.S. territories. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points are now redeemable in Europe, as well.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Though that level doesn't offer upgrades? But the Amex statement say it does. Though Hertz says otherwise.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I signed up for Hertz #1 gold through Aeroplat as well.. its the base level gold that comes with the membership.. higher levels will get you a discount..
Old Nov 19, 2011, 1:00 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Base level to join is supposed to be $50 fee. It is usually waived for frequent business. . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.