Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Corporations that take control of your Aeroplan account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporations that take control of your Aeroplan account

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by pitz
Why not use AC employee prices? After all, those people can travel extensively and not get tagged with a taxable employment benefit associated with such travel. AC employees do not receive a T4 for an amount equivalent to the number of E or Z class tickets they obtained through their employee personal travel program.

As most of us who have had AP accounts know, AP tickets are pretty much only offered on routes and at times when employee space-available travel would be available. That's actually a feature of the program -- to fill seats that otherwise would be un-sellable for cash, and to not displace paid revenue travel.
Mine is not to ask, only to tell what Justice Michael J. Bonner found.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I heard this arguement a while back:

If the company you work for wants to retain the miles, let them. However, you will ONLY travel between 8:30 and 5:00 M-F.
  • Once 5:00 hits..... your done.
  • Flight has a delay? Tough, you need to change the ticket to the next day after 8:30.
  • No flights til Saturday? Tough, I'll spend Sat-Mon in a hotel.
  • Trade show starts on a Monday morning? Fly me there Friday before 5:00.
  • All flights will not get you there in under 8.5 hrs? Tough, I need 2 days of travel time.
Don't if anyone wants to actually try this.... Be my guest.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
If the company you work for wants to retain the miles, let them. However, you will ONLY travel between 8:30 and 5:00 M-F.
Your home time zone...
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:04 pm

quite common argument, you want me to do a red eye deadhead + the entire workday....pay me overtime or a lieu day.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
quite common argument, you want me to do a red eye deadhead + the entire workday....pay me overtime or a lieu day.
Our employees keep their miles and anytime their travel forces them to be away from home on weekends/holidays they get a day in lieu. Our overtime policy is the same, no paid OT, but if you work Saturday feel free to take Monday off. It is fair and reasonable in our view and our employees seem to agree.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rehoult
Our employees keep their miles and anytime their travel forces them to be away from home on weekends/holidays they get a day in lieu. Our overtime policy is the same, no paid OT, but if you work Saturday feel free to take Monday off. It is fair and reasonable in our view and our employees seem to agree.
As long as policy is upfront and everyone knows..

Seems like a fair policy..
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Same story here. We keep the miles, no paid overtime and if we have to be away over the week-ends, we get days in lieu. Looks good, however...last year I simply haven't had time to take vacation and all the days in lieu. Basically, I worked 7 days japanese style.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: FT
interesting...

http://employment.alberta.ca/documen...ertime-Pay.pdf

unless exempted, at least in AB, should be getting 1.5 hours for each OT hour and they should have the option for pay unless agreement is signed to the contrary.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
interesting...

http://employment.alberta.ca/documen...ertime-Pay.pdf

unless exempted, at least in AB, should be getting 1.5 hours for each OT hour and they should have the option for pay unless agreement is signed to the contrary.
All our employees are exempt
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: FT
All our employees are exempt
lots of employers say that...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
lots of employers say that...
Hehe. I know, my wife if a lawyer and the things she sees some days... Guess the more accurate response would be "all of our employees who would ever need to work OT are exempt".
Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Hehe. I know, my wife if a lawyer and the things she sees some days... Guess the more accurate response would be "all of our employees who would ever need to work OT are exempt".
AFAIK.. most of who work OT in Alberta..

is always exempt.. otherwise they don't get OT hours..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.