Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Announces its "Customer Service Plan"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2001, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Just came across this new addition to the AC Website:
http://www.aircanada.ca/about-us/customer/

It is a message from Doug Port, Snr VP Customer Service about what customers should be expecting from AC. Appears to be timed for tomorrow's AGM in Winnipeg.

Should spark considerable comment over the coming days...
Old May 14, 2001, 11:39 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

You missed it Shareholder...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum5/HTML/002512.html
Old May 14, 2001, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Mea culpa. Didn't notice the original post when I went through posts on my return Saturday, so assumed it was new to AC's site. But I see it did generate some interesting comments, as I speculated it would.
Old May 14, 2001, 4:07 pm

I hope A.C. tells it's agents in YWG about this new "Customer Service Plan" Had a two and a half hour stopover in YWG on Saturday waiting for a northern connection. While relaxing in the MLL I heard the fire engines
and emergency vehicles going onto the runway. The A.C. YYZ - YEG flight made an emergency landing because of some major problem. Forget the flight #. Some very frightened passengers came off the aircraft after it had been towed into the gate.

This was about 3.30p.m. - 4.00 p.m. Two announcements were made, the first about 4.30
to say another flight would be available at 6p.m. and another about 5.20 to give the gate
# for the flight. As I walked to my gate a group of passengers from the stranded flight were complaining. It seems A.C. only gave a
$5.00 meal voucher to those who complained. If you did not complain..... then no voucher. The ones who did receive the voucher were saying that it was not enough to even buy a sandwich.

So much for the new policy.

Biggles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.