Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card points with emoneymail.com

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2000, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Credit Card points with emoneymail.com

My apologies in advance if this has been posted before.

I just visited www.emoneymail.com, which offers to send cash on-line using a credit card for the transfer.

Currently, you can only use VISA cards and the daily limit is $500.00 from any combination of accounts per day. Based on the information on the site, there are no plans on increasing the daily limit, however in the future they will accept M/C, Amex and Discover.

The cost of each transaction is $1.00 and the funds can be recieved via another VISA card, or by check.

The benefit of course, is that if you use an affinity VISA card, you would receive 500 points for each daily transaction at a cost of $1.00 per transaction.

Good luck!
Old May 26, 2000, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well, the question is whether this "transfer" shows up as a cash advance or a charge. If the former, then no miles/points will be posted.

Any idea?
Old May 27, 2000, 12:48 pm

It is expressly stated by eMoneyMail that this transaction will be treated and processed as a purchase by BankOne. It was classified as a purchase on my Bank of America US Airways card (only VISA is accepted by eMoneyMail so far).
Old May 27, 2000, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

From the eMoneyMail site..

When I use my credit card, will eMoneyMail charge me a cash advance fee?

No. eMoneyMail treats a credit card transaction as a purchase, so we will not charge you an extra cash advance fee. However, the issuing financial institution of your Visa card may treat this transaction as a cash advance. Please contact your Visa issuer for details

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.