FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   "Air Canada Express": New Regional Brand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1209663-air-canada-express-new-regional-brand.html)

GlennH Apr 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by hearna (Post 16288411)
Ewww no!
They should have left evas and cma and jazz the way they are, they work good in their respective markets. The new sky regional service should have have just been named " we are trying our damndest do drive porter into the ground service". If porter folds they will abandone sky regional anyways so why bother with all the hoo ha!

They could have left it well alone....the point is they didn't.

If it had / has to be renamed something then IMHO either of those options sounds better than 'Express'

I would rather they leave it alone as well....

ACYYZ/SD Apr 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by GlennH (Post 16290804)
They could have left it well alone....the point is they didn't.

If it had / has to be renamed something then IMHO either of those options sounds better than 'Express'

I would rather they leave it alone as well....

"Link, Regional, Connect, Connector, Connection, Express" - they all pretty much denote the same thing.

djjaguar64 Apr 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by km101 (Post 16287120)
I suppose "Express" sounds better than "Little cramped plane"

The move would bring their service inline with UA/UAX and CO/COX

Express means take you there quickly and dump you, no food no drinnks, cheap cheap, cheap.:)

flymate Apr 27, 2011 3:46 pm

AC marketing must of been on holidays when they created that name...

Who is flying these planes Air canada or Jazz pilots....More 2 tier hiring on its way

Toule911 Apr 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD (Post 16290930)
"Link, Regional, Connect, Connector, Connection, Express" - they all pretty much denote the same thing.

Regional is the only bilingual... I'm not even sure if we can say "express" in french lol

LeSabre74 Apr 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Boring, but what more (or less) would anyone expect from AC's marketing department.

Will the Jazz livery disappear too? That would be a shame, it was a nice riff on the more staid mainline scheme. And if so, who pays for that, Chorus or AC?

Frankly, if I were Chorus I'd be trying to diversify as fast as I could away from AC's falling star. It won't be long before you'll be getting Colgan style "quality" if AC tries to farm out more regional flying.

NordsFan Apr 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Toule911 (Post 16292471)
Regional is the only bilingual... I'm not even sure if we can say "express" in french lol

You can say whatever you want if it is a trademark, French or English.

PreferBulkhead Apr 27, 2011 7:01 pm

I always hated the look of the Jazz planes... Looking forward to the new look!

KenHamer Apr 27, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm still surprised, after all these years, that in many organizations the solution to every problem is a name change.

miles85 Apr 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer (Post 16292507)
I'm still surprised, after all these years, that in many organizations the solution to every problem is a name change.

I'm trying to figure this all out. AC has had Jazz for years, which actually was just changed to Chorus Aviation (Jan 1st due to it previously being an income trust).

Now they're calling it AC Express?

Considering I have a few hundred shares of Chorus (AC Jazz) I might sell and see what this re-organization affects.

And why is Jazz not doing the island flights?

ACYYZ/SD Apr 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Toule911 (Post 16292471)

If I'm not mistaken Express or L'Express is a well established French publication. What can I say?? If it's French enough for France, then hopefully it will be French enough for our good country ;).

woofster Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 16290978)
Express means take you there quickly and dump you, no food no drinnks, cheap cheap, cheap.:)

...which makes it, so to speak, perfect if AC's concerned about living up (or is it "down"?) to expectations!

Ancien Maestro Apr 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by phedre (Post 16289552)
You can. I've booked YOW -> YYR with segments on Jazz and EVAS. Also booked YOW->YUL* a few times, which is almost always Jazz.

* Don't judge me, I can't drive and I hate the train :P

Good to know.. just never booked anything on Jazz with AE points yet.

Stussi613 Apr 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by flymate (Post 16291589)
Who is flying these planes Air canada or Jazz pilots....More 2 tier hiring on its way

Sky Regional Airlines. This is nothing new, AC uses several carriers for regional services.

I personally like the livery. It's consistent with the mainline brand.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5263/...169bc8e46f.jpg

It looks like the Jazz equipment will get the new livery too.

"But the Air Canada Express brand will gradually be applied to the fleet of Jazz planes operated by Chorus Aviation (TSX:CHR.B), a former Air Canada subsidiary that was spun off several years ago and recently renamed.

Air Canada (TSX:AC.B) said Jazz's 120 planes will get new colours as they come in for maintenance, as will the 15 new Bombardier Q400's on order."

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/201...xpress-110427/

FlyerTalker683455 Apr 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by g46r (Post 16287086)
What a waste of marketing money. The AC Jazz brand works just fine.

For a while they painted some planes with a Tango logo. Whatever that was good for. It died and became a "fare code". Same will probably happen with AC Express. Or maybe this is another fancy way of denying status miles to loyal fliers.