Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada to launch cut-rate vacation carrier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada to launch cut-rate vacation carrier

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Outside of routes, I'm interested in the following:

- Will flights be bookable through AC? (also read somewhere that AC Vacations and LCC will be merged)
- Mileage accrual
- Premium cabins (Y+ or J)
- Seat pitch in Y
- Upgrade potential if premium cabins offered (E75 and SE will be able to upgrade AC Vacations Sun Destinations next year)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Exclamation

Originally Posted by yvr76

- Will flights be bookable through AC? (also read somewhere that AC Vacations and LCC will be merged)
- Mileage accrual
- Seat pitch in Y
- Upgrade potential if premium cabins offered (E75 and SE will be able to upgrade AC Vacations Sun Destinations next year)
Good questions!^^

I heard on CBC Radio today that the announcement will take place at Eglinton & Yonge tomorrow (Toys'R'Us?) and will include freebies! Anyone planning to attend??
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Good questions!^^

I heard on CBC Radio today that the announcement will take place at Eglinton & Yonge tomorrow (Toys'R'Us?) and will include freebies! Anyone planning to attend??
If you're going to Yonge/Eglinton for the launch, you won't be getting any freebies.

It's at Yonge Dundas Square. 11:15 for media at the AMC theatres, then 12noon in the square for the rest of us.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by yvr76

- Mileage accrual
- Seat pitch in Y
Let's just hope that the media present at the press event will ask these sort of questions, and in particular, if the about to be delivered 777s are involved, exactly what is the layout, type of seats, IFE etc etc.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by fin 645
Let's just hope that the media present at the press event will ask these sort of questions, and in particular, if the about to be delivered 777s are involved, exactly what is the layout, type of seats, IFE etc etc.
They've already commented on the metal.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
And the lower pay scales for staff.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Dorian
They've already commented on the metal.
I guess I missed that, particularly if the 777s are involved - care to explain - J and Y+ layout, Y seating etc. I'm afraid that the only thing I saw was speculation on this thread that Y would be 3-4-3, although that seemed to be somewhat discounted as too oddball.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I guess I missed that, particularly if the 777s are involved - care to explain - J and Y+ layout, Y seating etc. I'm afraid that the only thing I saw was speculation on this thread that Y would be 3-4-3, although that seemed to be somewhat discounted as too oddball.
LCC is not B777s...it's A319 & B767.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tangoer
And the lower pay scales for staff.
Exactly.

That is the real LC in LCC.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:22 pm

I'm betting Scotland, Spain, and AMS for 767s

2x2x2 in J with ~ 40", 2x3x2 in the back with 30-31"

Probably squeeze in 260 seats and bring the CASM down to TS levels.

Throw in 25% aeroplan miles to break the tie with TS (as TS has/is installing IFE) and there you go.

AC LCC 767 will have a CASM in between TS A330 and A310 ........ Cdns obsession with AP points will win more often than not
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Throw in 25% aeroplan miles to break the tie with TS (as TS has/is installing IFE) and there you go.

AC LCC 767 will have a CASM in between TS A330 and A310 ........ Cdns obsession with AP points will win more often than not
With 25% or even 50% AP miles accrual and no status on the LCC (heck, on most mainline routes these days), I'm afraid this Canadian's obsession is over. AC kept me coming back despite a long series of 'enhancements', but finally managed to lose me after the recent int'l T-fare introduction. I'm now in the majority group of "price is king" customers after years of slavishly paying a reasonable premium to book T+ fares domestically.

AC LCC? Not bloody likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.