Wiki Posts
Search

UA miles question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2001, 12:17 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

UA miles question

Are all fares on UA is good for Q miles? I will be travelling on a H next week. Just want to make sure that it is indeed good for Q miles before I book it tomorrow.

I'll be using a UA $100 coupon that states "The passenger may accure Mileage Plus miles, even with this discount". I assume this mean that it'll be no problem getting points on my AC account?
Old Apr 11, 2001, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I assume this is the same coupon promoting their new destination in Asia (Delhi): "Three New Routes, A World of Access". It notes that the ticket has to be bought and issued in the U.S. Did you book the flights with UA directly and request airport ticketing? Was this a problem with an H-class ticket? Would it be possible with a more discounted V-class one?

As for garnering Q-miles on a H-class ticket, it is not the most deeply discounted fare so it should not be a problem. You can always confirm with SE desk when you check on the overbooking state of your AC flight.

Remember, 90% of the flying public survives the back cabin...
Old Apr 11, 2001, 6:35 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally posted by Shareholder:
Remember, 90% of the flying public survives the back cabin...
Shareholder, I know it's been a long time since I've sat in the back, but has it really gotten that bad?? You're saying 10% don't survive??
Old Apr 11, 2001, 6:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Never had a problem with any fare on United as long as it is published.

I even got miles on UA on a reward ticket once!
Old Apr 11, 2001, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
True, AB. Actually, I should have said that 100% of those who sit in it, survive the back cabin. [Economy class syndrome is so minor, I doubt it afflicts more than .000000000000000000001% of flyers, if that.] Though I did intend to say that 90% of those flying in the aircraft will be in the back cabin, versus the other 10% who will be in the front cabin(s). That is, about 90% of all airline passengers fly economy and virtually all of them survive the ordeal.
Old Apr 11, 2001, 7:30 am

Programs: AA, AC
Phew! Glad we got that cleared up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.