Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Roots Air fares simply awesome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2001, 12:58 am

I guess the old saying not to judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes is quite appropriate.
Always good advice.

That way if it gets nasty, he'll be a mile behind you, and barefoot.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As BB has pointed out, your options to AC are vast. You have never said you fly regularly within Canada, so I can only assume you do not need to go to Fredericton or Charlottetown or Regina or Saskatoon. Or even my old home town of Edmonton. On these routes you may only have the charters to choose from, but Royal now flies extensively, and from what I read, their front cabin impressed one of our own. And every international route has a competing airline. And RootsAir starts today to YYC and YVR and will soon go down to LAX. And getting to any Mexican, Central or South American, or Caribbean destination, you can choose from AA, DL, UA or CO. [I know its a drag to pay that Immigration/Customs/Ag fee, but you can probably score better fares on the US carriers.]

As for AC's not wishing to upgrade you, even with your status, since you had an infant with you and your wife, I say they were quite correct taking the interests of their other customers into consideration. Most of whom likely paid considerably for the privilege of the front cabin. I am not being anti-children: I have put in too many volunteer hours in on children's causes to be that. I am pro common sense.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 7:52 am

Programs: AA, AC
Shareholder, an important point here was that Canadian was seeking operational upgrades for himself and his family (if I understand his post correctly). He seems to think that such upgrades are an entitlement.

Also, you should be careful about making such anti-children statements!! You will probably be accused, by MoreMiles, of being a child abuser, a nazi, and a member of the Klu Klux Klan

[Corrected to change "Canadian" to "MoreMiles" with apologies to Canadian]
[This message has been edited by After Burner (edited 03-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by After Burner (edited 03-26-2001).]
Old Mar 26, 2001, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I believe it was Canadian who had the infant, not More Miles, and you are correct to note that he was addressing operational versus certificate upgrading. Imagine if they had denied him a pre-reserved certificate upgrade, which as an SE he could have requested unless his fare was so low, priority went to others with higher fares, and his basis of complaint was only one of several considerations made by the agent.

As for being "anti-child", having chaired the board of one of Edmonton's premier children's/youth human services agencies for 8 years, I will be prepared to challenge any charges in that regard.

My, how off topic we can get, no?
Old Mar 26, 2001, 9:41 am

Oops, you're right Shareholder. I've corrected my post.

Yes, we're just slightly off topic.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 1:49 pm

AfterBurner, What I said about you telling AC what they should do with the seats in J Class was the fact that you pay for 1 seat and 1 seat only, YOURS.

If AC wants to put a family behind you that's AC's perogitive. If that family got an upgrade that also is AC's Perogitive, and I'm sure you would be pleased to have your wife or child given an upgrade, which shows again the double standard that you show when someone tells it like it is at AC!

What's next would you be for a ban on J Class Aeroplan Redemptions for anyone under 15yrs of age? I'm sure you wouldn't be and my point is that any age restriction is wrong!

And as for any names please DO NOT put words in my mouth. I have never accused anyone on this board of anything more serious than being blind to AC's short falls and I expect the same consideration. I feel you do owe me an appology for saying these remarks!
Old Mar 26, 2001, 3:35 pm

Canadian, you have my apology. The remark was intended only as humour (hence the smilie). Did you really take this literally? Nevertheless, I apologize if it offended you.

Oh, and please don't bother apologizing to me for the "pompous jerk" remark. I won't ask that of you. That will allow you to practice the "double standards" you attribute to me.

As for AC's prerogative to seat passengers where they choose. I agree with you. However, you appear to object when AC exercises this prerogative and declines to grant you your request for free upgrades. There's that double standard again!
Old Mar 26, 2001, 4:05 pm

Canadian, allow me to strengthen my apology. The offending remark that I was responding to was not made by you, but by MoreMiles. Sorry for the error.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 6:59 pm

Appology accepted,and please accept mine as for the double standard I feel it's about time we get off of this or this thread will never end.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 7:14 pm

Thanks, Canadian. Perhaps we should get together for a beer. We might even be able to sell tickets to the event

How about a truce for now? I'm now formulating an attack on Fly Boy (one battle at a time)
Old Mar 26, 2001, 8:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Old Mar 27, 2001, 7:14 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

----

Roots Air seeks top-dollar customer

Canada's newest airline took to the skies on Monday, targeting the high-paying business traveler and providing new competition for national giant AC.
http://www.infobeat.com/cgi-bin/WebO...le=-1740956603

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.