Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Report from the Front: All quiet at YYZ T1 this Christmas Eve

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report from the Front: All quiet at YYZ T1 this Christmas Eve

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Hhonors Diamond
I'm in the YYZ T1 Domestic lounge right now waiting for my flight to YVR - not bad at all - lounge mostly quiet except for the occasional screaming kid ... but hey, it's Christmas!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Hhonors Diamond
Spoke too soon - there is a bloody dog in the lounge making whining noises!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.285 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

I've been at YYZ the last couple of mornings (including this morning) and while flights seemed full the airport seemed rather quiet. Surprisingly calm with short lineups actually.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Passing T3 there were two international flights parked at gates (CX and another whose name escapes me at the moment) and an AA RJ. At YEG it was just as desolate with one WestJet and two JAZZ planes at the gates, and a JETZ parked mid-field. Families greeting arrivals, but little traffic outside the terminal or on the highway. If only air travel was as civilized as yesterday every day!

Pleasant crew, nice lunch, about five opups to J (three of whom got to select free from the back cabin offerings after the two unselected J meals were taken), but three open seats on a 320.

[No Canadian Forces personnel on the flight to upgrade, though I did have the new commander of the Western Region at Christmas Eve dinner last night at my friend's home. He even brought 10 trout he and his two boys caught the day before going ice fishing!]
Old Dec 25, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Finnair Plus, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
YVR International departures is pretty quiet too, which is good, because my flight has been delayed 2 hours. MLL pretty empty, though I think it will probably fill up in an hour or so with people who actually checked for delays before heading to the airport.

Almost stoked on the bland Chinese food offered in here, since it's a staple of the traditional Jewish Christmas Day dinner .
Old Dec 25, 2010, 3:17 pm

this morning the transborder was quite full..... crossing to the US side, there were 2 nexus machines down

other than that..... nothin much
Old Dec 25, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
last night YOW-YYZ-YVR 465 & 151 was quiet, very quiet. MLL in both cities were almost empty, more staff then customers. Even the security was quiet, walked right pass the door stop dupe to the tables and and then to the scanner. They looked unimpress that I was faster then they were!!! if only I cared.

Yup it was slow, YOW-YYZ J cabin was empty except for one couple with an upgrade pass. YYZ-YVR the plane was packed including J class, with upgraded LHR passeners which I thought was nice of AC.

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Dec 25, 2010 at 3:34 pm
Old Dec 25, 2010, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are flying back to YYZ on Jan 2nd with CX arriving T3 @ 6:25pm and we expect it to be more crowded throughout the airport with many coming back for work and school.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Finnair Plus, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
We are flying back to YYZ on Jan 2nd with CX arriving T3 @ 6:25pm and we expect it to be more crowded throughout the airport with many coming back for work and school.
Same here, but to YVR from VIE via FRA. Switched my flight from the 3rd, which probably doesn't make a difference. It will be crowded.

It's getting pretty crowded in the MLL now. Maybe 50% seats full, compared to only 2 other people here when I arrived an unfortunate hour and a half ago.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
I'm flying out on Jan 1st 9am - New Year's Day. Is this usually a quiet travel day at YYZ?

Hopefully the crew is not hung-over.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Leaving tomorrow morning for MCO. Any thoughts on overall "busy"iness at YYZ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.