Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

change a return flight on another airline, possible ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50, DL*SM, JMB

Hi FTers!

I have an upcoming flight on Dec 26, YUL-YYZ-NRT. Last week I called AC reservations to inquire if the return flight that is on Jan 10 (NRT-YVR-YUL) can be changed. I asked only to change return date to Jan 9. But, as my ticket came with restrictions, AC told me it was not possible, but they told me that there were available seats on a Jan 9 returning flight...

Had to call the travel acengy where I booked this ticket. Same story, but they told me that on Jan 9, there were no any available seats. I asked if I could be booked on a different returning airline, but they told me that it's not in their rules to do that.

I'm left with no any options. I can ask to cancel the whole ticket, get 100% refund...but this refund will be processed in 4-6 weeks which means I have to wait that much time to have my credit card refunded.

As I'll arrive in NRT on Dec 27, have you guys tried to change return date in NRT at an AC kiosk ? I know there is an AC office in Tokyo, but I'll not have much time to go there.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: AC*E
Not sure if it's the same case if it's cancelled via a travel agent, but I've cancelled a couple of tickets this year directly with AC and each time the refund was processed (i.e. posted to my credit card) within the week, despite the multiple warnings from the AC agent that it would take 4-6 weeks to process the refund.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50, DL*SM, JMB
Originally Posted by pxy_a
Not sure if it's the same case if it's cancelled via a travel agent, but I've cancelled a couple of tickets this year directly with AC and each time the refund was processed (i.e. posted to my credit card) within the week, despite the multiple warnings from the AC agent that it would take 4-6 weeks to process the refund.
If the booking was made with AC, then it's normal to get a refund fast even if AC agent told you it can take also 4-6 weeks to process. In my case, I just need to know if I can change return date at NRT. If not possible, then last choice would be to cancel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.