Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Aeroplan Promotion: Convert Points From Other Programs, get Bonus Aeroplan Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Aeroplan Promotion: Convert Points From Other Programs, get Bonus Aeroplan Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DaveTO
Doubtful - T&C clearly state that it is for transfers on Nov 22nd and later.
but do you think it is the date of the actual transfer or the date they are received in your AE account?

Does AE actually know the date that was initiated on the other end (say SPG)?

T.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by AskTravis
but do you think it is the date of the actual transfer or the date they are received in your AE account?

Does AE actually know the date that was initiated on the other end (say SPG)?

T.
Yes...On previous transfers to Aeroplan the date recorded in my AE account has been the date I initiated the transfer, not the date the miles posted.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
thanks.

Just to be careful, I called SPG and they reversed the transfer before it went through, and I re-submitted it today... hopefully will net 30k for 20k SPG!

to Add to RoninTech's list above:

4) You have 40k AE (because you use them all the time!) and 400K SPG... which you rarely use... the transfer bonus certainly helps!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat
So I fly out of SFO and rarely fly AC, but love a good value. Say I transfer over and get 30k points but don't add to it. Does anyone think domestic redemption out of SFO is worth this deal alone?
(The 20k pts would be coming out of my SPG account FYI.)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:03 pm

delete

Last edited by jasonkevin77; Aug 16, 2019 at 10:03 am Reason: delete
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC*P, SPG
Perfect timing.

Transferred 20K SPG --> 30K Aeroplan and then another 20K AMEX MR --> 25K Aeroplan.

Those two mini-RTW tickets are looking closer and closer in reach. Now to convince the better half to start churning cards.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:06 pm

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the transfer to post in your Aeroplan account?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by galipemi
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the transfer to post in your Aeroplan account?
It depends on the partner...AMEX is instant, SPG takes a few days, CIBC told me yesterday 3-5 days. The others I have no experience with.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
It depends on the partner...AMEX is instant, SPG takes a few days, CIBC told me yesterday 3-5 days. The others I have no experience with.
Thanks yycworldtraveler! You're right, a program name would help I transferred from SPG last night. So hopefully by the end of the week for credit to AP (hmm, where's the crossed fingers icon when I need it?)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
My AMEX MR transfer happened mere minutes after I made it deducted and credited on the other side.

My SPG transfer was deducted from my account the next day and has not yet been posted to AP.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CajunHoya
So I fly out of SFO and rarely fly AC, but love a good value. Say I transfer over and get 30k points but don't add to it. Does anyone think domestic redemption out of SFO is worth this deal alone?
(The 20k pts would be coming out of my SPG account FYI.)
You could get a J intra-Asia award with 30K.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by AskTravis
to Add to RoninTech's list above:

4) You have 40k AE (because you use them all the time!) and 400K SPG... which you rarely use... the transfer bonus certainly helps!
Nice! Didn't they have a straight 25% promo last December? That'd be much better for the folks like yourself with over 20K points. You'd get 500K AE for 400K points vs. 405K with this deal. Hopefully they'll do that one again.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by RoninTech
Nice! Didn't they have a straight 25% promo last December? That'd be much better for the folks like yourself with over 20K points. You'd get 500K AE for 400K points vs. 405K with this deal. Hopefully they'll do that one again.
+1 ^ I've been waiting for that one again.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Strange, just checked my AE account and today I see a 3K "CONVERSION PROMOTION BONUS" and 2x1K's appearing today.

The following transactions were recently done:

- 10K MR points from my Amex Gold Rewards card into my AE on Nov. 22nd
- 10K MR points from wife's Amex Gold Rewards card into my AE on Nov. 24th
- 20K SPG points from my SPG Amex into my AE on Nov. 22nd

The MR transfers appeared immediately, the SPG one still hasn't. Can't for the life of me figure out where these bonuses came from? I would have expected 2x2k for the 10K MR transfers and 1x5k for the 20K SPG's (not including the extra 5K SPG bonus).

Anyone else seeing strange bonuses that don't match their transfers?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by RoninTech
Strange, just checked my AE account and today I see a 3K "CONVERSION PROMOTION BONUS" and 2x1K's appearing today.

The following transactions were recently done:

- 10K MR points from my Amex Gold Rewards card into my AE on Nov. 22nd
- 10K MR points from wife's Amex Gold Rewards card into my AE on Nov. 24th
- 20K SPG points from my SPG Amex into my AE on Nov. 22nd

The MR transfers appeared immediately, the SPG one still hasn't. Can't for the life of me figure out where these bonuses came from? I would have expected 2x2k for the 10K MR transfers and 1x5k for the 20K SPG's (not including the extra 5K SPG bonus).

Anyone else seeing strange bonuses that don't match their transfers?
I converted 20,000 MR on Monday (6 days) ago ... And today got the 5,000 bonus in a (weird) 1K+1K+3K split :

Nov 28 2010 CONVERSION PROMOTION BONUS - 3,000
Nov 28 2010 CONVERSION PROMOTION BONUS - 1,000
Nov 28 2010 CONVERSION PROMOTION BONUS - 1,000

This is the only conversion I did ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.