FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New Aeroplan Promotion: Convert Points From Other Programs, get Bonus Aeroplan Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1151275-new-aeroplan-promotion-convert-points-other-programs-get-bonus-aeroplan-miles.html)

FlyerGoldII Nov 22, 2010 4:51 am

New Aeroplan Promotion: Convert Points From Other Programs, get Bonus Aeroplan Miles

I received this in my email, this morning:

TAKE THE FAST TRACK TO THOUSANDS OF MILES:
CONVERT POINTS

Dear FlyerGoldII,

Now, just in time for the holidays, get even closer to the reward you want when you convert points to miles!

Convert and earn thousands of bonus miles with our limited time offer!
November 22, 2010 until December 5, 2010, earn up to 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert other loyalty points to Aeroplan Miles. Better yet, you can earn this bonus again and again—once with every partner program*:

•1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert points from one program
into 5,000 to 9,999 miles*
OR
•2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert points from one program
into 10,000 to 19,999 miles*
OR
•5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert points from one program
into 20,000 miles or more*.
Start converting your points here…

•Convert hotel loyalty points with Best Western Rewards™, Starwood Preferred Guest®, Marriott Rewards®, Hilton HHonors™, Priority Club® Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passport™, Choice Privileges®, Goldpoints PlusSM and Wyndham Rewards®!
•Transfer Membership Rewards®* points from American Express®*1 to Aeroplan Miles at a rate of 1 for 1 (in 1,000-point increments)
•Convert other points at Points.com
The more points you convert, the more miles you bank toward unforgettable rewards
Convert now and get rewarded sooner with world–class travel, brand–name merchandise, one–of–a–kind experiences and gift cards!

Aeroplan

glennaa11 Nov 22, 2010 6:44 am

Seems like a good deal...especially compared to the 1500 mile bonus they offered recently for hotel miles conversions.

20K SPG points turn into 30K Aeroplan miles with this new promo.

sindjic Nov 22, 2010 6:53 am

Link please?

billybob123 Nov 22, 2010 7:20 am

Links from the email:

Convert Hotel Points with Best Western Rewards™, Starwood Preferred Guest®, Marriott Rewards®, Hilton HHonors™, Priority Club® Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passport™, Choice Privileges®, Goldpoints PlusSM and Wyndham Rewards®!

Convert financial card points to Aeroplan points at a rate of 1 to 1.

Convert other points at points.com (of course, at their usurious rates.)

tcook052 Nov 22, 2010 7:58 am

At the rate you get hosed transferring via points.com even this "bonus" still IMHO makes it not worth it. Here's the AP link & fine print:

http://www2.aeroplan.com/promotions/...447_2010_11_12

* Maximum 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles can be earned for conversion per participating partner loyalty program per Aeroplan Member. Aeroplan Miles per loyalty program will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting from that partners program reaches between 5,000 to 9,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partner's program reaches between 10,000 to 19,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partner's program reaches 20,000 Aeroplan Miles or more. Bonus offer valid on eligible conversions made between November 22 and December 5, 2010. Bonus miles will be credited into the member's account by Aeroplan up to 6 weeks from the date the member makes his/her request with the partner.

RoninTech Nov 22, 2010 8:07 am

Originally Posted by glennaa11 (Post 15236983)
Seems like a good deal...especially compared to the 1500 mile bonus they offered recently for hotel miles conversions.

That would be great if true! Hopefully the bonuses are additive. Has anyone actually confirmed this? I've got 20K sitting in my SPG account just waiting for something like this. :)

AskTravis Nov 22, 2010 8:09 am

So... last night, before I got this email, I made a SPG transfer of 20k -> 25k.

Do you think, since the transaction take 2-4 weeks, that I'll get an additional 5k on top of that?

T.

bubb1 Nov 22, 2010 8:16 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 15237693)
At the rate you get hosed transferring via points.com even this "bonus" still IMHO makes it not worth it. Here's the AP link & fine print:

http://www2.aeroplan.com/promotions/...447_2010_11_12

* Maximum 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles can be earned for conversion per participating partner loyalty program per Aeroplan Member. Aeroplan Miles per loyalty program will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting from that partners program reaches between 5,000 to 9,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partner's program reaches between 10,000 to 19,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the registered member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from that partner's program reaches 20,000 Aeroplan Miles or more. Bonus offer valid on eligible conversions made between November 22 and December 5, 2010. Bonus miles will be credited into the member's account by Aeroplan up to 6 weeks from the date the member makes his/her request with the partner.

Looks like the 5k bonus is once per source per member. Still looks like a good deal, thanks for sharing ^

Karlitos Nov 22, 2010 8:29 am

Originally Posted by AskTravis (Post 15237790)

Do you think, since the transaction take 2-4 weeks, that I'll get an additional 5k on top of that?

T.

+1. My question exactly. The way I read it we would see an extra 5K.

RoninTech Nov 22, 2010 8:31 am

OK, I just transferred 20K SPG points and 10K MR points. We'll see how long it takes and hopefully I'll get the full 42K AE miles. Looks like the only reason we should transfer points into AE are:

1 - You hear the program is ending or you are closing your account and want to transfer points to AE before they become worthless/disappear
2 - There's a promo to get bonus miles for transferring
3 - You absolutely need the miles ASAP and can't wait for 2

DaveTO Nov 22, 2010 9:54 am

Originally Posted by AskTravis (Post 15237790)

T.

Doubtful - T&C clearly state that it is for transfers on Nov 22nd and later.

Tim O'Brien Nov 22, 2010 10:58 am

Originally Posted by glennaa11 (Post 15236983)

doesn't 20K SPG equate to 25K Aeroplan

ie 1 to 1 plus 5000 Aeroplan bonus?

yycworldtraveler Nov 22, 2010 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 15239819)

Yes...but the previous point conversion bonuses offered this year were for 1500 AE miles. I.E. 20K SPG + 5K SPG bonus + 1.5K Aeroplan convsersion bonus = 26,500 AE Miles.

This promo...20K SPG + 5K SPG bonus + 5K Aeroplan conversion bonus = 30,000 AE miles. An extra 3,500 miles.

dark169 Nov 22, 2010 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 15239819)

yes, but when you transfer 20k spg points spg will kick in another 5k so if you transfer 20k, spg gives you 5k and AP gives you the bonus 5k = 30K

There was a similar promo very early this year or some time last year, I don't recall when but I do recall getting 30k for 20k spg.

Karlitos Nov 22, 2010 11:45 am

Count me in. Ditched my AP Plus gold Amex this year in favour of the new Canadian SPG Amex, liking the idea of being able to transfer from SPG to AP. This bonus just made the decision that much easier. Just did first transfer on SPG.com and it was a piece of cake.:D