Community
Wiki Posts
Search

upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2001, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

upgrades?

I've heard of people getting upgrades for no apparant reason (not FF elite), is there a certain way to go about this?
Old Feb 10, 2001, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
You are referring to operational upgrades, no? These are really quite rare occurances. If it happens to you, be thankful and gracious about it and enjoy! Don't be expecting it to happen nor try to go fishing for one as there really is no particular "way" to get an op upgd. Smile, be pleasant, and enjoy the flight, no matter what cabin you're sitting in. Sometimes you'll get lucky.

FewMiles..
Old Feb 10, 2001, 9:13 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Fewmiles is right... sometimes even those of us with FF will find outself literally fighting for that last upgrade seat!
Old Feb 10, 2001, 9:54 pm

upgrades?
My sentiments exactly.
Old Feb 10, 2001, 10:01 pm

...conspiracy I say
Old Feb 11, 2001, 5:59 pm

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
do upgrade cause chemtrails?????
Old Feb 11, 2001, 7:36 pm

I worked with FedEx for nearly 5 years. FedEx maintains Interline agreements with most passenger airlines around the world.

The rule of thumb internally is to just ask the gate agent, by showing our employee ID, and asking really nicely for an Interline upgrade.

By doing this (and having no status), I got upgraded about 3 times in the past year on CP (once with my wife), a couple of times on AA, but never on AC. My manager and another employee got upgraded on an AC trip to MIA a couple of years back, but it's the only time I heard of it on AC.

It's a lot more easily done in the US. One FedEx friend of mine has done this dozens of times on NW and AA, flying US domestic routes
Old Feb 12, 2001, 8:57 am

I had 5 upgrades this past summer when AC/CP were trying to merge their flights. On one YYZ-YVR trip, the agent at check-in said the flight was oversold by 40 people! I asked at the gate, pulling out my CP Gold card, if I could be upgraded since the flight was oversold. Without a word she took it, keyed it in, and gave me a new boarding pass. And the EXACT same thing happened on the return flight - oversold by 15 people. Doesn't hurt to ask - nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.