Aeroplan Web Features and Functionalities

Old Feb 8, 01, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Aeroplan Web Features and Functionalities

Hello all,

I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions. What Aeroplan features and functionalities would you like to see on the the Aircanada/Aeroplan website? What would you like in terms of e-services in general regarding Aeroplan? To give you a starting point, the following are currently available to Aeroplan members on www.aircanada.ca :

DISPLAY of customer Eligible balance, current Qmiles, Qsegments and Tier.
DISPLAY & UPDATE capability of customer Profile (address and employment data)
ENROLLMENT of new customers where they can choose their own PIN.
REQUEST of a challenge question and answer so that if customers lose their PIN, we can validate their identity by asking them their challenge question and answer. If replied correctly, we e-mail their PIN immediately.
SEARCH and BOOK Aeroplan seats for reward travel (Virtual Redemption), then must call AE CSC to confirm booking and claim reward.
VIEW internet bookings (both Aeroplan reward travel and revenue travel)
DISPLAY of Aeroplan statement(s) with up to 8 months of history.
CHANGE or PERSONALIZE their PIN
REQUEST a new PIN
DISPLAY of Qualifying Period Summary which includes current and previous year's standings on Qmiles/Qsegments with an explanation of WHAT are Qmiles/Qsegments.

What else would you like? What else have you seen that made you say "Wow! This is so useful/relevant/fun/great!".

Thanks for your input!

MACATTACK!

P.S. Guess where I work
Old Feb 8, 01, 9:58 pm
Original Member

Cool!

I think we all would love to see recent transactions since the last statement. This is something that CP had, but AC seems to have some trouble providing. It would be more than useful.
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:00 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

If you are talking about related to Aeroplan then it's defintely:

REAL TIME STATEMENTS!!

If AC doesn't know how to do it, ask the CP tech guys!
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:04 pm

You just opened the floodgates Mac Attack!

I think major beefs CPers have with the AC website are:

1-we want a "recent transactions" statement available like the CP web site

2-we would like to be able to see and select fare class (or basis) for each segment of online bookings.
As it is now, we have to reserve and then call AC and waste the time of an agent to see if the booking is upgradeable, and then ticket. This totally defeats the purpose of booking online in the first place.

I personally found the PIN selection to be a real pain, and when I first used the site I hadn't realised it could be personalised, and only after permanent PIN arrives. It would be much easier to have PIN administration TOTALLY online, and to allow personalisation at the beginning.

Other future innovations that would be kewl are:
  • ability to upgrade online
  • request retroactive credit for AC marketed and operated flights online (Hilton HHonors has this function on their site)
  • online award special, or award auction
  • online check-in (BA has this now)
  • maps of terminals/airports serviced by Air Canada, similar to those in the EnRoute magazine, or on the American Airlines web site

Nothing has made me say "wow", but I must admit the main page (aircanada.ca/home.html) is much more user friendly than before.

[This message has been edited by Fly Boy (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
in addition to FlyBoy's:

ability to e-ticket more than 4 segments (why not 16?) on one ticket (revenue or award)

ability to book more than 8 segments (current limit in Personal Ticket Office) on one ticket (paper or electronic, revenue or award)

re-emphasize booking by fare class by segment -- remember we do not mean general fare class, we mean exact fare code like VX1NYR etc.
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:12 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

No he didn't Flyboy... that's why he said "AEROPLAN" otherwise we'll all have something to say about AC's online booking.
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally posted by Mac Attack:
P.S. Guess where I work
Is it possible for you to clarify that, Mac Attack?
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:24 pm

Originally posted by After Burner:
Is it possible for you to clarify that, Mac Attack?
I hope so! Before we all get our hopes up and expect Santa to come twice this year! LOL
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:26 pm

Originally posted by Empress:

No he didn't Flyboy... that's why he said "AEROPLAN" otherwise we'll all have something to say about AC's online booking.
That's what I thought he meant too, Empress. Mac Attack, perhaps you could also confirm that you're referring only to the Aeroplan website and not the booking site.
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:31 pm

Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
re-emphasize booking by fare class by segment -- remember we do not mean general fare class, we mean exact fare code like VX1NYR etc.
Yes, this is crucial. Also it is crucial that we be able to print out the fare rules for each applicable fare basis. This is a function that has been integrated into "Travelocity" and "Expedia" web sites I believe. With current AC web booking facility we are flying blind (pardon the pun!). This is why (if I may say so) many of us do not use AC website to book our travel, with the exception of web saver.(I hear 'ya After Burner! )

[This message has been edited by Fly Boy (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:39 pm

Originally posted by Fly Boy:
This is why (if I may say so) none of us use AC website to book our travel, with the exception of web saver.
That's rather presumptious of you, Fly Boy. I use the website for at least 80% of my bookings.
Old Feb 9, 01, 6:41 am

Programs: AC*E50K; AC*MM; EK Gold; SPG Plat
I'd certainly go for booking code information , but I'd also like to see seat selection. Why not import the code from PTO, that's one of the nicer displays? A convenience for an upgrader point of view, but not a necessity, would be the ability to check both front and back cabins on the same screen rather than having to change a booking request from Hospitality to Executive
Old Feb 9, 01, 6:53 am

If you are referring to the Aeroplan section, the two biggest shortcomings are:
- no real time statements
- inability to book a stopover on award travel
Although, now that I am Aeroplan Elite, I'll likely be booking all my award travel over the phone to get access to additional seats.
Old Feb 9, 01, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your input to date.

I work for Aeroplan, and we are looking for enhancements to the Aeroplan section of the Web.

I've received good suggestions from my colleagues here at Aeroplan, but I thought it would be a good idea to listen to what you had to say.

Please feel free to blue-sky here. Anything that crosses your mind is acceptable, from web functionalities, to Program enhancements/expansion. However I'll be working on electronic Aeroplan, essentially relating to web, wireless, partnerships, push technologies...

Thanks again!
Old Feb 9, 01, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if there are other bulleting boards relating to Air Canada and Aeroplan that might also be a good source of info?

Thanks.

Search this Thread