Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Lounge access in YVR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access in YVR

Traveling tomorrow on an AP ticket on UA in F to ORD. UA has no RCC in YVR, so will I get access to a MLL or am I SOL?

TIA

Last edited by BradnerBoy; Nov 6, 2010 at 4:22 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by BradnerBoy
Traveling tomorrow on an AP ticket on UA in F to ORD. UA has no RCC in YVR, so will I get access to a MLL or am I SOL?

TIA
Yes, but since people generally don't give 1 word responses on FT...

In your case, you get access 2 different ways.

1) You are AC E (*G) travelling on a *A airline, this will get you into any *G.

2) You have a premium class ticket on a *A airline, this will get you into any *G lounge.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
You'd actually be SOL if UA did have a RCC in YVR as they don't provide lounge space for domestic flights even in F. But for AC, flying business=lounge access. In your case, you'd access the transborder MLL after you clear US customs and immigration.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:43 pm

The original post doesn't say that the passenger has status. And MLL's don't admit arbitrary Star Alliance premium passengers, unless they have status, do they?

For instance, someone travelling on a UA domestic F ticket can't merely go to the LAX T2 MLL and gain entry, can they?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by pitz
The original post doesn't say that the passenger has status. And MLL's don't admit arbitrary Star Alliance premium passengers, unless they have status, do they?

For instance, someone travelling on a UA domestic F ticket can't merely go to the LAX T2 MLL and gain entry, can they?
Here is the official *A lounge access policy
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

I dont know about UA domestic F (as the US airlines have their own arrangements for flights within North America) but most international *A carriers can use one anothers' lounges if they have status or travelling on a premium class... However, for AC/J or AC*G members can use NZ lounge if they want @ LAX.

As for OP's situation, your UA/F boarding pass from YVR to ORD will grant u access into AC's MLL (transborder)
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:15 pm

I didn't get get the information about AC E status from the original post, it was in the program information that appears next to the user name. It appears to me that this has been updated since my post (but I readily admit that I could have mixed it up with a post I read in another thread).

If the OP has no status and is flying UA on the return, there will be no lounge access at a RCC (IIRC they will not be able to access the LAZ T2 lounges without a BP for a flight leaving from T2).
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by YEG USER
I didn't get get the information about AC E status from the original post, it was in the program information that appears next to the user name. It appears to me that this has been updated since my post (but I readily admit that I could have mixed it up with a post I read in another thread).

If the OP has no status and is flying UA on the return, there will be no lounge access at a RCC (IIRC they will not be able to access the LAZ T2 lounges without a BP for a flight leaving from T2).
I've flown UA F to YVR from LAX without RCC membership and gotten access to the RCC at LAX because the trip to YVR is in fact international rather than domestic. The RCC agent first told me YVR was domestic and I pointed out Canada is another country and one needs a passport to go in and out and cross customs etc. So they let me into the RCC. I was flying paid F on a UAX plane. On the return I got into the MLL at YVR because of my *G status. Needless to say the terminal at YVR is very nice with free wifi and lots of nice shops it won't be the end of the world if you don't get into the MLL. I can not say the same for the US airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.