Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

35, 925...but still listed at Prestige.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

35, 925...but still listed at Prestige.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by rehoult
AP seems to have moved from the sweep system this year. I think a bunch of us early Es can attest that the status has been changing instantly when the miles post.
Figures I end up being the lone wolf on this one! lol

Thanks for all the posts!

Will keep you apprised.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I crossed the P threshold on Oct 19, and E Oct 31, and when I logged into AP just now its still showing my status as "member". Should I wait another week and then call in to see what's up?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC*E
Can someone please remind me - with recognition of early status, do we typically get an "extra" set of certs to use that expire in February?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Touring
Can someone please remind me - with recognition of early status, do we typically get an "extra" set of certs to use that expire in February?
Only if you qualified before the cut-off date last month. Can't remember the exact date.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:41 pm

When I qualified for Elite earlier this year it took just under two weeks before I received my e-mail confirming my new status - hopefully it's just a case of waiting for the systems to catch up with your new status.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by Jagboi
I crossed the P threshold on Oct 19, and E Oct 31, and when I logged into AP just now its still showing my status as "member". Should I wait another week and then call in to see what's up?
You can call, but there's no early recognition for P, no matter what date you make it. Only E and SE.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by j_the_p
You can call, but there's no early recognition for P, no matter what date you make it. Only E and SE.
So hypothetically, if I made P January 15th, you're saying I'd have to wait a year for that to be updated on Aeroplan?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi
So hypothetically, if I made P January 15th, you're saying I'd have to wait a year for that to be updated on Aeroplan?
Yes, if you made the P threshold in January and didn't make it to E during the rest of the year, you would have to wait a full year for your status.

That's my understanding anyway, no early P recognition...at all.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
From what I'm reading, seems to be no real flexibility of people making E after the October 15th cutoff and still getting status.

Guess we'll give it two weeks before we start crying...MUHAHAHAHAHhahaha
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I think that Jagboi said he hit E a couple of weeks after he hit P so was expecting to see early recognition for that.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by Stranger
Why not just eating the Elite member. They are still soft and juicy, in contrast to SE types who get awfully tough to chew.
LOL ... as an E who has an SE partner ... SEs are like hyenas ... the lions may kill them but they won't eat them Us E's are much more delicious.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I think that Jagboi said he hit E a couple of weeks after he hit P so was expecting to see early recognition for that.
Couple of days. A trip to New Zealand has that effect. At least I'm E in the sense of I'm over 35K status miles, AP still thinks I'm basic.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:32 pm
GIJ

Programs: SPG Plus, AC Elite
Originally Posted by morphius909
Next time I see an Elite Baggage Tag I'm going to rip it off and eat it affront of the Elite Member!!!

good job
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Ah, I missed that. Apologies.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Angry

Well Saturday/Sunday sweeps came and went...no status change.

Oh well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.