Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan points for Jet Airways on Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
This is all true, but the poster's question was a 9W code on an AC operated flight. That will earn miles. The question was not about the 9W operated flight.
Look it's not that complicated, but as far as code share/ metal / ticket issuer to clarify further

From Aeroplan site

For travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by airlines that are not Star Alliance members (Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines,SriLankan Airlines,Etihad Airways,Aer Lingus and Central Mountain Air), Aeroplan Miles can only be earned when flights are booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada and the ticket has an Air Canada 4-digit code-share flight number.
No miles on those airlines, even if on AC metal, unless ticket issued by AC

https://www3.aeroplan.com/static/pdf.../AC_TCs_EN.pdf
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
This is all true, but the poster's question was a 9W code on an AC operated flight. That will earn miles. The question was not about the 9W operated flight.
Correct. AC metal so AQM and AE points will be earned.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by xLuther
Look it's not that complicated, but as far as code share/ metal / ticket issuer to clarify further

From Aeroplan site

No miles on those airlines, even if on AC metal, unless ticket issued by AC

https://www3.aeroplan.com/static/pdf.../AC_TCs_EN.pdf
Apparently it is complicated and basic reading comprehension is a lost skill.

From your quote, let me bold the important part.:
For travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by airlines that are not Star Alliance members (Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines,SriLankan Airlines,Etihad Airways,Aer Lingus and Central Mountain Air), Aeroplan Miles can only be earned when flights are booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada and the ticket has an Air Canada 4-digit code-share flight number.

The poster is talking about an Air Canada operated flight. You're referring to a completely different scenario that the poster was not inquiring about.

AC operated flights (subject to the appropriate fare class) will always earn Aeroplan miles regardless of the Marketing/Code Share carrier.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:41 pm

Apparently it is complicated and basic reading comprehension is a lost skill.

From your quote, let me bold the important part.:

The poster is talking about an Air Canada operated flight. You're referring to a completely different scenario that the poster was not inquiring about.

AC operated flights (subject to the appropriate fare class) will always earn Aeroplan miles regardless of the Marketing/Code Share carrier.
Non *A code share partner, but AC metal, miles only earned if ticketed by AC and has valid AC code share flight number.

On flight ticketed by Non *A code share partner, AC miles not earned even if on AC metal.

Think about it, if ticketed by non-*A carrier there is no linkage to Aeroplan or agreement, so no way to credit miles. They have no legal, business arrangement or connection so miles can't be credited

Ticketing has to be by AC to get the miles
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:48 pm

Non *A code share partner, but AC metal, miles only earned if ticketed by AC and has valid AC code share flight number.
Curious how an AC operated flight has an AC code share flight number? How does that exactly work?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

On flight ticketed by Non *A code share partner, AC miles not earned even if on AC metal.

Think about it, if ticketed by non-*A carrier there is no linkage to Aeroplan or agreement, so no way to credit miles. They have no legal, business arrangement or connection so miles can't be credited

Ticketing has to be by AC to get the miles
I get this if someone like AA tickets but they have codeshare with 9W and Etihad and hence you do get AE miles, right ? You do get AE miles on Etihad to AUH. Feel free to correct me if I have this wrong.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:03 pm

Curious how an AC operated flight has an AC code share flight number? How does that exactly work?
AC6007 is listed as 'direct flight' operated by Jet ( per AC web site ) , if ticket purchased on AC , you get AC miles for portion on AC metal

if you buy from Jet, their fare rules apply, I looked at their site, you get 'Jet' miles for the flight. But as they are not *A no miles for AC or other code share partners
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
I get this if someone like AA tickets but they have codeshare with 9W and Etihad and hence you do get AE miles, right ? You do get AE miles on Etihad to AUH. Feel free to correct me if I have this wrong.
Code share does not mean there is any AE/AC mileage agreement, Jet is not AE/AC mileage partner.

From my deep dive into the rules, on a code share route, if not *A code share it comes down to who sells the ticket, if it's AC you get miles for the AC metal part of the flight. If jet sells it, you get Jet miles ( per their site)

Aeroplan/Altitude do not list them as millage partner so no miles on their metal or tickets.

But hey who knows maybe there is another Aeroplan AC rules/limitation/clause lord knows they have enough of them
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

In my experience the ticketing airline is irrelevant in this scenario, AC will accept the AE number and credit the miles even when booked and sold as 9W flight. The ticketing airline has nothing to do with submitting miles when the flight is operated by a *A carrier.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:16 pm

Do you actually understand what 'AC metal' means? If it's operated by Jet Airways, that is not AC metal...that's Jet metal.

Quote:AC6007 is listed as 'direct flight' operated by Jet ( per AC web site ) , if ticket purchased on AC , you get AC miles for portion on AC metal

if you buy from Jet, their fare rules apply, I looked at their site, you get 'Jet' miles for the flight. But as they are not *A no miles for AC or other code share partners
AC6007 is an AC marketed flight on Jet metal. Again, not the scenario the poster was inquiring about.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Do you actually understand what 'AC metal' means? If it's operated by Jet Airways, that is not AC metal...that's Jet metal.

AC6007 is an AC marketed flight on Jet metal. Again, not the scenario the poster was inquiring about.
So what about the whole 014 stock thing... if it is purchased via Jet, it isn't 014 stock. So from what you are saying, only the metal counts for AE miles and AQM, regardless of where it is purchased, correct?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
So what about the whole 014 stock thing... if it is purchased via Jet, it isn't 014 stock. So from what you are saying, only the metal counts for AE miles and AQM, regardless of where it is purchased, correct?
Ticket stock for AC operated flights is irrelevant. For AC code shares operated by Jet (or Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Etihad Airways, Aer Lingus and Central Mountain Air), it must be 014.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ticket stock for AC operated flights is irrelevant. For AC code shares operated by Jet (or Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Etihad Airways, Aer Lingus and Central Mountain Air), it must be 014.
Right, got it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.