Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan points for Jet Airways on Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan points for Jet Airways on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
As the ongoing uncertainty applies to a number of non-*A codeshare partners of AC I would suggest to ask the question how these are exactly supposed to be treated Aeroplan- and Altitude-wise in the "Ben Q&A thread".
No need, Aeroplan website answers the question:

https://www4.aeroplan.com/static/pdf.../AC_TCs_EN.pdf

Accumulation of Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQMs):
• Aeroplan Miles accumulated on most flights qualify as Altitude Qualifiying Miles as they count towards Air Canada Altitude. Mile accumulation for travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by Air Creebec, Aer Lingus, Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, Etihad Airways, Central Mountain Air and SriLankan Airlines do not count toward Air Canada Altitude status.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC-SE
Originally Posted by YEG USER
No need, Aeroplan website answers the question:

https://www4.aeroplan.com/static/pdf.../AC_TCs_EN.pdf
Thank you.

This contradicts the conclusions of the 30+ minute telecon today with SE desk (and their help desk in background), who ended with 'any AC codeshare will earn AQM/AQS'. However, the way they reached this conclusion left me less than 100% confident, and old upthread comments increased my lack of confidence.

I can simply choose to fly LH as last trip, or LX or TK until Air India enters *A later this year, perhaps?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE
AC codeshare and 9W flight

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out if I will earn Air Canada altitude status miles when the flight is through a Jet Airways code share (9W), I realize they are not part of Star Alliance but the flight to LHR is being operated by AC metal. My question is will the segments that are operated by AC metal, will they be credited to me as Altitude status miles as an E75k and at 1.5x for a business class booking?

I realize the segments to and from DEL will not as this is purely a Jet Airways flight and do not credit towards Aeroplan/Altitude, but I'm simply wondering about the codeshare YYZ-LHR and LHR-YYZ segments on AC metal.

Itinerary:

Jet Airways Flight 5048
Equipment - 77W
DEPART: Toronto, Canada (YYZ) 11:10 PM
ARRIVE: London, Great Britain (LHR) 11:05 AM + 1
Business Class
No Stops
Operated by Air Canada

Jet Airways Flight 121
Equipment - 77W
DEPART: London, Great Britain (LHR) 8:45 PM
ARRIVE: New Delhi, India (DEL) 9:45 AM + 1
Business Class
No Stops
Jet Airways Flight

Jet Airways Flight 122
Equipment - 77W
DEPART: New Delhi, India (DEL) 1:45 PM
ARRIVE: London, Great Britain (LHR) 6:30 PM
Business Class
No Stops
Jet Airways Flight

Jet Airways Flight 5069
Equipment - 77W
DEPART: London, Great Britain (LHR) 8:30 AM
ARRIVE: Toronto, Canada (YYZ) 11:10 AM
Business Class
No Stops
Operated by Air Canada

PS. Yes I know it's quite a long layover time, but given the price the ticket is being offered at I'm willing to consider it, but another factor for me is to qualify for SE before October 15 with the YYZ-LHR LHR-YYZ segments.

Last edited by Peteryyz; Aug 27, 2015 at 11:04 pm Reason: Flight times
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Interesting, I'm assuming you booked on the Jet Airways site or via a TA? Did they ask for you aeroplan #?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
https://www3.aeroplan.com/static/pdf.../AC_TCs_EN.pdf

For travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by airlines that are not Star Alliance members (Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Etihad Airways, Aer Lingus and Central Mountain Air), Aeroplan Miles can only be earned when flights are booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada and the ticket has an Air Canada 4-digit code-share flight number.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by tcook052
https://www3.aeroplan.com/static/pdf.../AC_TCs_EN.pdf

For travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by airlines that are not Star Alliance members (Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Etihad Airways, Aer Lingus and Central Mountain Air), Aeroplan Miles can only be earned when flights are booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada and the ticket has an Air Canada 4-digit code-share flight number.
That's not what the OP asked.

Yes, the AC operated segments will get you Aeroplan miles even if they are a codeshare flight. It's the operating carrier that determines if mileage is accrued or not. Given AC always credits 150% for Business Class, that's what you'll earn too.

As noted above, if you had booked the Jet Airways flights as an AC codeshare through AC, you would have also received points for those segments.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
That's not what the OP asked.

Yes, the AC operated segments will get you Aeroplan miles even if they are a codeshare flight. It's the operating carrier that determines if mileage is accrued or not. Given AC always credits 150% for Business Class, that's what you'll earn too.

As noted above, if you had booked the Jet Airways flights as an AC codeshare through AC, you would have also received points for those segments.
tcook says it has to be an AC 4-digit number but the OP is showing a 9W 4-digit number for the AC operated segments.

So I'm confused now... or in both cases AE miles will be credited?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
tcook says it has to be an AC 4-digit number but the OP is showing a 9W 4-digit number for the AC operated segments.

So I'm confused now... or in both cases AE miles will be credited?
To earn AP miles the flight has to be 014 ticket stock and coded with AC flight numbers but OP was instead asking asking about earning AQM/AQS in business class on the AC segments with Jet flight numbers.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
To earn AP miles the flight has to be 014 ticket stock and coded with AC flight numbers but OP was instead asking asking about earning AQM/AQS in business class on the AC segments with Jet flight numbers.
Ok... so the answer to the OP's question is... "no"?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ok... so the answer to the OP's question is... "no"?
Seems so as the fine print indicates that even if these flight were AC coded they still wouldn't earn AQM:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/tc.html

Aeroplan Miles accumulated on most flights qualify as Altitude Qualifiying Miles as they count towards Air Canada Altitude. Mile accumulation for travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by Air Creebec, Aer Lingus, Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, Etihad Airways, Central Mountain Air and SriLankan Airlines do not count toward Air Canada Altitude status.

Maybe someone who's flown 9W recently can report back with their experience. Just trying to help.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems so as the fine print indicates that even if these flight were AC coded they still wouldn't earn AQM:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/tc.html

Aeroplan Miles accumulated on most flights qualify as Altitude Qualifiying Miles as they count towards Air Canada Altitude. Mile accumulation for travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by Air Creebec, Aer Lingus, Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, Etihad Airways, Central Mountain Air and SriLankan Airlines do not count toward Air Canada Altitude status.

Maybe someone who's flown 9W recently can report back with their experience. Just trying to help.
This makes sense.

Are there any non *A members that AC allows earning against AQM?
If so, I would be shocked.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:09 pm

Short version if flight and or segments is on AC metal you earn AC miles, if not you do not, even on a AC ticket
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by xLuther
Short version if flight and or segments is on AC metal you earn AC miles, if not you do not, even on a AC ticket
Correct. Even if AC ticket, you will not earn AQM on 9W or Etihad. You will AE miles which is altogether different.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, that makes sense xLuther and vernonc. Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K
This is all true, but the poster's question was a 9W code on an AC operated flight. That will earn miles. The question was not about the 9W operated flight.

Originally Posted by Peteryyz
My question is will the segments that are operated by AC metal, will they be credited to me as Altitude status miles as an E75k and at 1.5x for a business class booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.